What's new

Battery safety and Sub Ohm vaping...

Ok, so first of all there is no short circuit battery test. It would mean to connect plus and minus with a conductor. That would damage any battery. Cheap one like Chinese are crap and should be avoided.

Batteries can explode even if not damaged or at least not visibly damaged. Check the 'Battery Mooch' videos on YouTube. He explains and I agree not all damage is visible, plus there are although very rare factory defects that are not detected, again extremely rare.

It's a 20amp battery so for your wattage mentioned in your other thread it's fine to use [emoji4]

Nope, people. This is not a real amperage / current rating. It is just not constant current but max current. It is not physically possible to cram that capacity and current rating into one 18650. Check the Mooch video here for more details :

Please do not arbitrary decide whether battery is good or not. Proper battery is about 15 euros and they last for a couple of years.

Nope, people. This is not a real amperage / current rating. It is just not constant current but max current. It is not physically possible to cram that capacity and current rating into one 18650. Check the Mooch video here for more details :

Please do not arbitrary decide whether battery is good or not. Proper battery is about 15 euros and they last for a couple of years.
The Facebook link above is the testing from mooch on the cell and he rates it at 20amp and his word is good enough for me so in a regulated mod at 20 odd watts yes that cell is fine to use

I need some new batteries so next ones will be Samsung or such like. I didn't realise there was so much to consider in batteries, apart from reliable makes. I didn't think a vendor would sell anything but safe batteries - perhaps I'm a bit naive there. I had no idea about amp ratings (still don't understand it tbh) I've just been looking at the Fogstar site and their amp calculator. Are they a reliable vendor for batteries?

Back
Top Bottom