What's new

Help with Kylin RTA

JEmpire

Postman
I've attached a pic to my post.

Can anyone advise me what to do. I'm assuming it's just the ejuice on the mesh and therefore all I need to do is remove cotton and dry burn the coil a few times?

But as you can see on the edges, the cotton is brown. Does that mean it's been burning? Its 0.15 coil and invade between 50-55w.

But atm I'm currently getting low level dry hits. Is my wicking ok?

Attachments

• 20200507_095718.jpg
    20200507_095718.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 227
Can anyone advise me what to do. I'm assuming it's just the ejuice on the mesh and therefore all I need to do is remove cotton and dry burn the coil a few times?

Yeah, carefully take out the cotton, give a few 15w pulses & check for hot spots

The wicking looks fine, the discoloration looks normal but that depends on what juice you have in there & how long you've been vaping on. Like if you've been vaping clear liquid for a day that would indicate a problem, a dessert juice for a week weeks then no problem

That's a Kylin M too, a Kylin RTA is a completely different tank :2thumbsup:

Yeah, carefully take out the cotton, give a few 15w pulses & check for hot spots

The wicking looks fine, the discoloration looks normal but that depends on what juice you have in there & how long you've been vaping on. Like if you've been vaping clear liquid for a day that would indicate a problem, a dessert juice for a week weeks then no problem

That's a Kylin M too, a Kylin RTA is a completely different tank :2thumbsup:

I rewicked it yday and this has happened again. I dont kno what's happening.

Attachments

• 20200508_111443.jpg
    20200508_111443.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 208
How much cotton are you putting in? If its anything like the Profile (rda and rta), the cotton needs to be packed in more than a regular coil, to stop the mesh burning the cotton (which may explain the dry hits)

Last edited:
How much cotton are you putting in? If its anything line the Profile (rda and rta), the cotton needs to be packed in more than a regular coil, to stop the mesh burning the cotton (which may explain the dry hits)

That’s why I will never try a mesh RTA. One piece of mesh not touching cotton and you may aswell be sucking on Mount Doom’s crater

It seems like dry hit. Generally, the cause of a dry hit is liquid not wicking properly or the heating coil burning through e liquid too quickly.

If you are experiencing regular dry hits, your first step should be to turn down the voltage immediately. Check our the product's instruction book and then set the standard voltage level for your equipment.

Next, slower drags and give your device a rest between vape sessions. Someone would had luck preventing dry hits by taking an occasional primer puff (without activating the battery) to force more liquid into the atomizer chamber.

Lastly, if the problem persists and you continue getting dry hits, then you might consider adjusting the amount of VG in your e-liquid. E-liquid that contains a high concentration of VG, or vegetable glycerin, is thick, which means it can take longer for the wick to absorb.

Fortunately, this problem can easily be resolved by either turning down your voltage/wattage or lowering the percentage of VG in your e-liquid through either dilution (distilled water) or upping the PG ratio. PG is a thinner substance and absorbed by your device’s wick quicker.

Back
Top Bottom