What's new

Aegis X and TC issues

TC is one of the dark arts of vaping that few wrestle with.

Yeh the info I did manage to find was very basic, type of wire and how to select on a mod, that was about it.

I couldn't find much about what temp, build styles etc etc.

Thanks @crustyfolker for that info! I'm not even sure I'm enjoying the flavour of these coils... could be my taste buds playing up, but found my own twisted Kanthal coils produced a better flavour for me.

But it is a new build and does need to settle in.

Thanks @crustyfolker for that info! I'm not even sure I'm enjoying the flavour of these coils... could be my taste buds playing up, but found my own twisted Kanthal coils produced a better flavour for me.

But it is a new build and does need to settle in.
You could just go back to using wattage mode save changing those ss coils. ss can be used in wattage mode unlike NI200 or titanium. Hopefully some info will help you but you now know why tc restricts wattage on your mod. I hope you can find what you are looking for in using TC. It's been a while since i used TC now, i learned using NI200 coils with a Freemax Starre tank. Now adays its rta's with ni80 or SS wire of various descriptions from standard wire to staircase, alien, Flat etc.
A thought on tc. in some cases tc will mute flavour in others it will increase flavour. I use Pancake man by vape breakfast classics. In a dripper no tc and high wattage you get the whole flavour profile. on tc the strawberry is not their infact i get just maple syrup and a bit of pancake. So sometimes its about the juice and build thats good for that juice or a certain wattage for the flavour profile.
TC isn't for everyone thats for sure and even if your someone who sticks with using tc you will realise there is a lot to learn, much more than vaping in wattage mode or even using a mech. People find it to much faffing hence why Evolv made the DNA75c and 250c with replay. Choose your settings ,vape, when you get a pull that you think was perfect then set replay and you get the same pull every vape until you change atties etc.

You could just go back to using wattage mode save changing those ss coils. ss can be used in wattage mode unlike NI200 or titanium. Hopefully some info will help you but you now know why tc restricts wattage on your mod. I hope you can find what you are looking for in using TC. It's been a while since i used TC now, i learned using NI200 coils with a Freemax Starre tank. Now adays its rta's with ni80 or SS wire of various descriptions from standard wire to staircase, alien, Flat etc.
A thought on tc. in some cases tc will mute flavour in others it will increase flavour. I use Pancake man by vape breakfast classics. In a dripper no tc and high wattage you get the whole flavour profile. on tc the strawberry is not their infact i get just maple syrup and a bit of pancake. So sometimes its about the juice and build thats good for that juice or a certain wattage for the flavour profile.
TC isn't for everyone thats for sure and even if your someone who sticks with using tc you will realise there is a lot to learn, much more than vaping in wattage mode or even using a mech. People find it to much faffing hence why Evolv made the DNA75c and 250c with replay. Choose your settings ,vape, when you get a pull that you think was perfect then set replay and you get the same pull every vape until you change atties etc.

Yeh with these coils (not TC) I have lost all the custardy/biscuit flavour, only fruits, but not like the nice kind of fruits either. It could be my coil placement though. I guess more tinkering is needed lol.

I'm sure I'll get it right at some point haha!

Yeh with these coils (not TC) I have lost all the custardy/biscuit flavour, only fruits, but not like the nice kind of fruits either. It could be my coil placement though. I guess more tinkering is needed lol.

I'm sure I'll get it right at some point haha!
You will get there and yes tinkering is a must with TC and flavour profiles. Keep trying:)

Back
Top Bottom