What's new

New to diy

mattylucas

Initiate
New to making my own juice. So far I tried to make my own recipes a couple times but nothing turned out. No flavor. So I ordered more flavors to try some recipes I found online. I've also tried just single flavor and still no flavor. Sweet watermelon capella. First at 12 percent then 15 percent. I've been trying a 7% sweet watermelon 7% blueberry extra and 1%tfa pear. Cant taste nothing. What am I doing wrong? Usually 70vg 30pg. Not using nicotine till I find something I like

is it just your own diy juice that you cannot taste or is it all juice..

have you found a comercial ready mixed juice that u like the taste of??

you can vape flavourless juice too i have a mix of 6mg zero flavour that i vape every now and again when a bit tired of the few flavours i like..

when diy mixing some flavours do benefit from a steeping for the full flavour to be "released" (im sure there is a technical term that applies here that i simply dont know..)

watermelon nd blueberry may be subtle flavours that do perhaps need a more concentrated mix..

is it just your own diy juice that you cannot taste or is it all juice..

have you found a comercial ready mixed juice that u like the taste of??

you can vape flavourless juice too i have a mix of 6mg zero flavour that i vape every now and again when a bit tired of the few flavours i like..

when diy mixing some flavours do benefit from a steeping for the full flavour to be "released" (im sure there is a technical term that applies here that i simply dont know..)

watermelon nd blueberry may be subtle flavours that do perhaps need a more concentrated mix..
I can taste commercial juice pretty good yes. But I got tired of getting disappointed from flavors that never tasted that good. It's always hit or miss with them. So I want to try and make my own even though that's hit or miss as well. But cheaper and can find something I want to make lots of when I get better.

New to making my own juice. So far I tried to make my own recipes a couple times but nothing turned out. No flavor. So I ordered more flavors to try some recipes I found online. I've also tried just single flavor and still no flavor. Sweet watermelon capella. First at 12 percent then 15 percent. I've been trying a 7% sweet watermelon 7% blueberry extra and 1%tfa pear. Cant taste nothing. What am I doing wrong? Usually 70vg 30pg. Not using nicotine till I find something I like

Are all your juices Capella ?
Capella Sweet watermelon is recommended at 10%
I havent used that one personally but i wouldnt imagine
it would need to long a steep.

upload_2020-4-21_1-56-15.png

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/

Thank you for that link. I will have to try again.

Higher VG might need a higher flavour percentage
If i were you i would start at 10% then leave for a week and try
if it is too weak add another 2% then leave for a week and try
Keep doing this til you find your sweet spot, i wouldnt go beyond 20%
A lot of juice recipes is trial and error
Just make small amounts to start with
and you will get there eventually.
Good Luck

Higher VG might need a higher flavour percentage
If i were you i would start at 10% then leave for a week and try
if it is too weak add another 2% then leave for a week and try
Keep doing this til you find your sweet spot, i wouldnt go beyond 20%
A lot of juice recipes is trial and error
Just make small amounts to start with
and you will get there eventually.
Good Luck

I would agree with all that, a while ago I used 4 Flavour Art concentrates, and another (can't remember off the top of my head) by the time I had got it about right I had a juice that contained about 18% concentrates, that was in 70 / 30 mix.
Made it quite a pricey juice for a DIY job.
But different manufacturers concentrates vary by brand in what percentage to use.
I have heard that Inawera are the ones that need the lowest percentage, but I have never used them.
Plus of course users tastes vary, some like a strong flavour, others a mild hint.
Basically it's all down to trial, and error until you get what suits you.

That's not right at all blueberry extra I can taste in any mix at 2% so to not taste anything at all at 7% seems strange where did you buy your concentrates?

What mattyk2010 said.

If you really can't taste anything or close to anything, then something much more fundamental is going wrong here. Perhaps you could describe the process of mixing and vaping in some more considerable detail in order that we might figure out what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom