What's new

Falcon 2 tank issues

Ayoub

Hi there,

I purchased the new falcon 2 tank last week and it arrived on Friday. The tank is from a trusted seller of mine and I bought a pack of coils aswell.

However I'm having issues with this tank, Firstly the coil doesn't last a day, I'm vaping it at 65 watts and people have said these coils lasts 2 to 3 weeks.

I'm using a 75 vg juice with no sweetners in it as I make the juice myself.

Another issue I'm having is the tank says that the coils are rated 0.14. I'm getting no where near that and the coils are reading 0.1655 and the latest coil is 0.176 ohms,

In my rule of thumb I always use plus or minus 0.02, My mod a smok morph and my batteries are brand new aswell from fogstar.

I've exhausted all trouble shooting methods such as prime and slow burn the cotton by starting at 30 watts and working my way up to 65 watts

I'm not entirely sure what else to do as I'm having the same issue on a different box mod and need some advice as I've tried fb and everyone telling me they get 3 weeks on the coil and 2 weeks for people chain vaping and using the same juice as mine.

Not my experience with the falcon II, I vape frequently through the day (example a set of batteries on my Aegis Legend last a day) between 80 and 95W. I use home made 80/20 VG/PG with 2% nicotine.

What mod are you using?

Currently reading 0.15 ohm resistance on my mod.

What problems are you having with the coils? Burnt taste or does the cotton look very discoloured after a day? What juice are you using.

Hi there,

I'm using the smok morph 219 mod, The new coil I stuck in is now reading 0.155,

I'm using a non sweetened dark fruits drink, I also use a mango juice both 75/25, I've noticed after the first couple of hundred puffs I get a really strong burnt taste in my mouth, When I check the cotton it is discoloured but thats pretty normal for the coil. My main concern is that my coils are dying in less than a day of use with a really strong burnt taste, Like I don't chain vape aswell cause I know the coil needs to wick which can be seen with the bubbles so I'm not so sure on what to do next

hi there,

I was thinking that, unfortunately I gave my other mod to my partner to stop her smoking and my aspire mod, is fault with the ohms changing from 0.15 to 8.7 ohms so not trusting that one and was retired.

I'll get another mod to test, but I do find that when I'm firing at 60 watts the amps should be around 19 if my calculations are correct but after a while it jumps to 26amps for a short period so I changed the mod to soft to underpower during the initial hit

It could be, I'm not sure if its a fault or not idk, I though that would be the case if the mod was set to hard, but it's always been on normal,

I think its probably time to get a new mod

hi there,

I was thinking that, unfortunately I gave my other mod to my partner to stop her smoking and my aspire mod, is fault with the ohms changing from 0.15 to 8.7 ohms so not trusting that one and was retired.

I'll get another mod to test, but I do find that when I'm firing at 60 watts the amps should be around 19 if my calculations are correct but after a while it jumps to 26amps for a short period so I changed the mod to soft to underpower during the initial hit
To me the issue comes from overpower, somehow. Maybe your skipping something.
Changing the ramping to soft is good idea, but I think it will not do the trick.

Does the Morph 219 have a "pulse" feature? (that one that has super high power peaks each 0.10s along the pull)

I know many people using this feature in Vaporesso Gen and Swag 2, and burning the coils in 24h, just like you. Solution is just deactivating it.
When its active, you set 60w, but you are not getting a first ramp up and then flat 60w, you are getting flat 60 + the pulse, that may double or triple the power each peak/pulse. So, lets say you are vaping around 130w. Thats why it taste burnt.

Pulse mode (or whatever name in other brands) does not fit stock coils but RBAs.

Final advice: turn off all AUTO features you may find in mod setup.

Last edited:
Or it could just simply be that because your mod is reading the ohm of the coil wrong it's supplying the wrong voltage to achieve the wattage you have set and it's cooking the coil [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom