What's new

Coil lasting 2 days?! SMOK Nord Priv n19

Brandonmk38

Initiate
Hello,

I’ve just started vaping to stop smoking and been 2 weeks off the cigs now, I bought a SMOK Nord Priv n19 as after research thought it would be a good MTL device,

however I seem to be getting through a lot of coils and not sure if this is normal...

only liquid I’ve found that I like so far is the manabush spirit walker powwow,

Using the 1.4ohm coils, how long should I be getting out of these coils? I seem to be replacing every 3 days and looking online people are saying atleast a week, am I doing something wrong?

TIA!

Hello and welcome to the planet!!
Manabush liquids are all excellent so good choice there!
I don't know that particular device but I can give you some general tips regarding coil length as 2 days isn't much at all. Are you priming your coils? When you put a new one in just drop a bit of liquid onto the exposed cotton on the coil, put it in, fill the tank with liquid then let it sit for at least 20 mins to soak up the liquid.
What power do you have it set at? If the power is too high for that particular coil then you will burn through the coil much more quickly.
How much eliquid are you getting through in the 2 days? If you are chain vaping constantly then it will also shorten the length of the coil and amount of liquid is a better indicator than days as some people vape 2ml a day whereas some will get through 10ml so the length in days will be very different.

Thanks for that! The power is only just above the minimum for the coil so don’t think that’s an issue, and I tend to get through about 3ml of liquid a day I think.

I have been priming the coils but only with one drop into each wick hole, and then filling up with juice and letting it sit for 5-10 mins.

I suppose I might be chain vaping at times a bit, but that’s what I feel I need for satisfaction.

Thanks for that! The power is only just above the minimum for the coil so don’t think that’s an issue, and I tend to get through about 3ml of liquid a day I think.

I have been priming the coils but only with one drop into each wick hole, and then filling up with juice and letting it sit for 5-10 mins.

I suppose I might be chain vaping at times a bit, but that’s what I feel I need for satisfaction.
If the power is just above minimum for the coil then I wouldn't think it was that. When priming you might want to consider leaving it to soak a little longer than 5-10 mins, I normally leave 20-30 mins.
Other things to consider are that particularly sweet liquids shorten coil life and if you need to chain vape to get satisfaction maybe you need to up the nicotine level, what level are you currently using? Some people also find nic salts (if you aren't already using them) work well for them.

Ah okay I’ll try that next time, I’m using between 6-12mg in liquid at the moment , and when I was chain vaping that might be the wrong term? I mean I take draws one after the other but never more than a 3-5 in a row, was wondering if leaving say a 30 second gap in between puffs would help

Chain vaping is the right term fella! Yeah maybe just a bit of a break between puffs as one after the other will put pressure on the coils, 15-20 secs should do it to be honest, that's what I do and my coils last albeit in a different setup. I'd try and stick to 12mg to get the satisfaction you need, I found myself wanting at 6mg and even 9mg so always 12mg now for MTL.

Additionally with regards to priming the coils do as you have been doing, but also when on a new coil gradually break it in, take a couple of draws first with no power, then start off at low power and have a couple of draws then increase power a couple of watts and do the same until you get to required wattage, if you are hitting the coil with the power you vape at normally on a fresh coil you may burn it, priming also helps the life of the coil

Hi Brandon

which coil ohm are you using and where did you buy them. there are a lot of fakes out there.

worth a look

Hi Brandon

which coil ohm are you using and where did you buy them. there are a lot of fakes out there.

worth a look

Hi, I used the 2 that came with the kit and then bought a pack of 5 1.4ohm regular Nord coils from Vape Club, who I assumed were a reputable website

Hi, I used the 2 that came with the kit and then bought a pack of 5 1.4ohm regular Nord coils from Vape Club, who I assumed were a reputable website
Vape Club are reputable mate, I've never had an issue with them and they are bang quick with delivery.

Back
Top Bottom