What's new

Think Vape ZETA Autofiring workaround

I have a mod here (not a Think Vape) that i cant get out of Bypass mode
Would the 1Ω coil fix, sort this out ?

A wee update on the zetas. I have had two autofire episodes with the silver one. Both happened when I was at 8 or 9 watts, and bumping the power up fixed it. I think the key thing is that both times the voltage was below 4v. I have a feeling keeping the voltage above 4v is the thing, and would explain why higher resistance helps.

Interested to hear others thoughts. @andyroo @Vapaneezer Scrooge

A wee update on the zetas. I have had two autofire episodes with the silver one. Both happened when I was at 8 or 9 watts, and bumping the power up fixed it. I think the key thing is that both times the voltage was below 4v. I have a feeling keeping the voltage above 4v is the thing, and would explain why higher resistance helps.

Interested to hear others thoughts. @andyroo @Vapaneezer Scrooge

Interesting, mine's been working perfectly since your superb findings, I'm using 30awg spaced kanthal, I'm going to throw it into Bypass mode and watch the voltage applied, you could be onto something, mine have been set at 11 watts but I am having to rewick every few ml, have you got a fix for that? :)

Interesting, mine's been working perfectly since your superb findings, I'm using 30awg spaced kanthal, I'm going to throw it into Bypass mode and watch the voltage applied, you could be onto something, mine have been set at 11 watts but I am having to rewick every few ml, have you got a fix for that? :)

I think in bypass it’s right to the end of the battery. I’ve no idea why the voltage level going below a certain value would cause this error, but it definitely seems to be what’s happening.

So when you fire yours at 11w, what’s the voltage reading?

I’m finding the coil/wick is lasting weeks for some reason. It may be the liquids i’m puffing at the minute.

I think in bypass it’s right to the end of the battery. I’ve no idea why the voltage level going below a certain value would cause this error, but it definitely seems to be what’s happening.

So when you fire yours at 11w, what’s the voltage reading?

I’m finding the coil/wick is lasting weeks for some reason. It may be the liquids i’m puffing at the minute.

Pretty sure my sweet tooth in liquids doesn't help, fruits mostly such as lemon & lime nic salts.

At 9 watts and over it doesn't drop under 4v, in bypass it is around 3.8v, I'm going to blame it on the PWM though can't prove that :22:

All I know is it is now working a treat with a nice little 1.8ohm coil in it

I’m going to speculate that the chip has a fault that makes it prone to this happening when it tries to reduce the voltage from the battery. This would explain why high resistance works better in power mode, and why the problem doesn’t happen at all in bypass mode.

Pretty sure if it had a variable voltage mode that would be fine also, I think it is struggling with fine PWM increments flitting between voltage levels, you here some mods pulsing at low wattage.

Though I agree with you I am going to say that you are wrong because we haven't argued for ages (not that I will win).

I think you’re right Zouz, anything over 4v and it’s fine, I’ve got a 1.61ohm coil in and it’s perfect at 10w 4.01v or 11w 4.21v.
No issues with wicks either they last the same as in any other arty, must be your juice Vapaneezer.

Pretty sure if it had a variable voltage mode that would be fine also, I think it is struggling with fine PWM increments flitting between voltage levels, you here some mods pulsing at low wattage.

Though I agree with you I am going to say that you are wrong because we haven't argued for ages (not that I will win).

Are we not both saying much the same thing?

Back
Top Bottom