What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

International shipping

I hadn't put much thought into this but with all the cancelled flights I'm assuming some international shipping is also on hold?

I say this as a parcel from DHL has the status 'Not yet collected' for the past 10 days from a Hong Kong warehouse.

The item isn't urgent by any means though there are some free face masks which could come in handy.
(not for virus protection but to protect the public from my offensive face)

Parcels are still flying around, it just takes a while for businesses to have enough to fill a container.

Sadly, some people are starting a 'movement' to stop buying from China, which others will take as being any oriental country, so the containers will take longer to fill up.

There's also the fact a lot of businesses won't be running at full capacity.

Sadly, some people are starting a 'movement' to stop buying from China, which others will take as being any oriental country
That proper shocked me, considering a large amount of our medical supplies and equipment were made in China I would like to see the ignorant sods turning that down.
Not to mention some of the everyday essentials imported.

I wish I could say it shocked me, but it didn't. Just left another bitter taste in my mouth and one less friend.

I'm not sure people actually realise how much stuff is made in China etc. When they find their pockets are not as deep as they think for 'buying British' (insert other country as appropriate), or get home, open the box and see 'made in China' stamped on it, will it be turfed out.

This is bringing the best and the worst out of people.

I have no problem with things made in China or coming from China, I mean the majority of vaping mods are from China, Just Look at Smok, Innokin, need I go on. What does annoy me is when you purchase something on Ebay that's supposed to be in the UK and you have to wait 3 week for it to arrive in the UK really winds me up. I myself have ordered 1 or 2 things from China but I knew they would be a while, it's when they do it sly I get really angry although ebay said they are going to put a stop to it. But that I know isn't China the country it's just a few of the companies that are Chinese. You can get some really good stuff that's made in China like the Innokin Proton, sorry I love that mod :)

@LordOdin I always check the seller details on eBay, it's getting quite easy to spot the funky UK city addresses, although most still show their foreign address somewhere.

Tried that Miss Pepper, one thing I always do is tick the UK only box which I recently did with a battery charger for my 18650 batteries, waited all week when they were sent on Monday, they didn't arrive so I asked for a refund which the seller gave me straight away, and funny enough the name on my paypal refund was in Chinese.

Shipping is slowing, but still happening. I have a package en route from Australia. Last time I had this happen from the same business, it took 12 days from leaving Melbourne to arriving at my door. This time it left Melbourne 21 days ago and has yet to arrive. Tracking via Australia Post is a bit hit and miss, so I am just waiting patiently (Impatiently :) ) and will have a nice surprise when it does eventually touch down.

Back
Top Bottom