What's new

Think Vape ZETA Autofiring workaround

I’m still on Bypass and haven’t had one auto fire, this work around must also be linked to the issue.

Aye, bypass definitely works. I’m going to keep my two on power mode for a few days and see what happens with the higher resistance coils in them. Still no autofires from either of them.

Prior to these builds I’ve usually been at about 0.8 to 0.9 with 28 and 30g and on power mode autofiring very intermittently, sometimes none for a day or two and sometimes five in 10 minutes. The silver one being more prone than my original black one.

I’ve had about a 1.3ohm in it previously Zouz and mine still did it, I might try slightly higher than the 0.95ohm I’ve got in it now on bypass because If I’ve got my figures correct it’s pushing over 16w on a recently charged battery, that’s way over what I usually vape at and it’s changing the flavour.

A wee update, still no autofires from either of the zetas. They are both at 1.6-1.7Ω now, the lower one I had to redo it as it started leaking.

I think this might a solution. Use the rba and build at 1.5 or higher.

Going to give it a try if I can find some thin enough wire, I mostly use 28AWG but I'm sure I stashed some 30 or 32 gauge somewhere.

Cheers for the update @zouzounaki - mine should be a good test as it was duff from new.

I think you’ve cracked it @zouzounaki, just put a 1.6ohm 28g kanthal contact coil in, as many wraps as I could fit and it’s working perfectly so far.
I’m thinking the key to this is not making the chip do too much work, at 1.6ohm and 10w it’s giving 4.2v to the coil which is mech / bypass territory.

I’ve been running them right to almost empty as well, for the purpose of testing it.

You must have read my mind Zouz, I was thinking about what would happen as the battery depletes.
I’m quite enjoying the vape from the 1.6 coil too, I have got a mesh roll restrictor in the airflow that’s working well.
Just need a fix for the bung now, my two pods are ok for now but it seems like a weak spot.

So my silver one has started auto firing. I believe it was my own fault as I dropped it the other day and it went a clatter. I’ve got the RBA in it. I’ve put it in bypass mode. Do I need to be more aware of the battery level. Or make sure the coil is a certain ohm’s. Usually got a Molicell battery in both mine. Currently got a Sony VCT6 in it. Am I safe? It’s currently pulling 4.19 v on an 0.86 ohm coil. I’m going to build an higher ohm coil. I’ve got 27 and 28g Kanthal from stealthvape. Thanks for any advice.

So my silver one has started auto firing. I believe it was my own fault as I dropped it the other day and it went a clatter. I’ve got the RBA in it. I’ve put it in bypass mode. Do I need to be more aware of the battery level. Or make sure the coil is a certain ohm’s. Usually got a Molicell battery in both mine. Currently got a Sony VCT6 in it. Am I safe? It’s currently pulling 4.19 v on an 0.86 ohm coil. I’m going to build an higher ohm coil. I’ve got 27 and 28g Kanthal from stealthvape. Thanks for any advice.

You will be absolutely fine with that set up Coolie. If you want to build higher 28g is probably the best bet

You will be absolutely fine with that set up Coolie. If you want to build higher 28g is probably the best bet

Cheers Rew, I’ll give it a go now. Will it still be sensible to replace battery as it gets lower as I normally do? I never usually drain them completely anyway. I don’t need to keep an eye for voltage drop or anything?. Sorry for all the q’s. I’m in unchartered territory.

Back
Top Bottom