What's new

considering an isolation project....

fil

Postman
Hi Please feel free to shoot this down if i am overlooking something basic.. Yes i am too lazy to do the homework - its easier to ask.. ;)

As i was pottering about today i came across a few bits n bobs and thought Hmmm i could make a mod from these.. i have a TP120 n-channel mosfet a number of dev boards capable of outputting a pwm signal esp9266/arduino/stm32 etc... an esp8266-12 is probably the smallest with suitable exposed i/o a tp4056 usb lipo charge board .. and numeros microswitches.. a few small spi/i2c oled displays and a 3d printer with a spool of pla..

Now pla isnt the most heat capable fdm material but an offcut of copper tube flapened in the vice could? perhaps provide a suitable heatsink ??

I might be able to salvage a 510 connector from an old dodgy tube mod clone? Or perhaps hack a 510 heatsink extension.. (not sure im calling that beast the right name its a heatsink to screw in under your atty on a mod with fins to cool the atty?? )

The half baked plan is to hook the battery upto the 510 via the tp120 and use the dev board to take input from 3 x micro switches up/down/on-fire, and perhaps a oled for current setting ( 0-255 or rough Wattage value based on a static battery charge - real time wattage based on actual battery voltage might be a bit too much atm..)

would i be wasting time and effort or is a worthwhile working device achievable??

tia..

TBH I have no idea. Watching with interest though

did a little homework, and i may need to fudge the frequency 25khz ?? and may need a gate driver for the mosfet, I found an arduino solution on the web but its not petite..
inside.jpg

room for improvement perhaps...
a 1" oled is a LOT smaller than the 20 x 4 dispaly pictured above.. and if you ask me the dht22 and rtc are redundant,

LOL I lost you on the second line but really do enjoy what people can put their hand to. Please carry on & as long as it satisfies an itch, take no notice of naysayers.

bits collected so far..
1 x tp4056 charge + battery management board
1 x wemos D1 (borrowed from led lighting control
2 x momentary buttons for + and - power
1 x momentary button - Fire/On
1 x spi oled
1 x 18650 carrage
1 x tp125
1 x heatsink 510 extender?

49733664388_131043197d_c.jpg

What i have totally overlooked is that this will be capable of pwm-ing 'dimming' the 3.6-4.2v from the 18650, if more voltage is required an additional circuit/module to buck up the voltage may be neccesary?

And my 510 atty connector selection isnt gonna be easy to connect up to, although the centre pin is slotted like a screw it wont unscrew so a solder dollop on its head may not hold up under use??

And i will probably need some capacitors to cushion the hi power draw when fireing

And utube tells me i need more trannys.. if i use the tip125s,, gotta do a bit more homework ho-hum..

what do you want to put the arduino to do in this setup, wondering if you can make a step up as well generated by arduino.

Back
Top Bottom