What's new

Losing my rag. Can you help?

Shesellseashells

Initiate
Hello

New user here! I’m hoping those more knowledgeable than me could help? I’ve looked around but can’t really find the advice I’m looking for.

Been vaping for 7 years (ex-smoker) but I’ve never veered much away from my initial set up of: mod, tank, 70/30 fruit/menthol juice, sub ohm at 35-50 watts.

The first couple of years were good. I had a Kanger tank on two separate mods. The tank broke and that’s where my take of woe begins. The last few years I think I’ve been through at least 10 tanks, 10 mods, plus 4 pen/pod style. They’ve been mostly Smok with the exception of 1 Innokin set up.

Every mod breaks or ends up faulty. All tanks have broken. My Smok RPM40 pod just melted and cracked apart the other day. With all the crap hardware there’s an even worse thing: coils. I may get two weeks from one, two days from another. It drives me absolutely up the wall. I cannot abide taking a puff on a two day old coil to find it’s now dirty.

I looked in my cupboard last night and I have so much rubbish that I’ve decided I need to do something differently. I think I’d like to start using an RTA tank so I can change the cotton regularly.

I’m having trouble finding advice for advanced kit for low wattage use. I’m convinced I need a sub ohm device as I like the battery life, airflow, juice capacity and subtle clouds, plus I chain vape like a mo’fo!

Do any of you have any recommendations for my situation?? If you do I really appreciate your help and thank you very much for taking the time to read my post

Hi @Shesellseashells on the sea shore and welcome to the planet.

i know there are some fan boys (and girls) on here but for the past 2 years smok flooded the market and their QC went down the pan. i think theve finally seen sence and have started to get their act together again. their coils were hit and miss and for majority of posts on here were lucky they lasted 2 days. there are a serious amount of fakes out there though.
there are other great mods and tanks out there and my last 2 i cant fault so far. the vaporesso gen is great so i bought 2 and my latest is the geekvape x. both 200+ watts which take twin 18650 batteries.
ive not used an RDA so cant help on that path but there are plenty who will be able to help.

what i will say is if you do find something you like the look of always ask on here first as we have plenty of discounts or can point you in the direction of the cheapest place to buy.

this is worth bookmarking for future reference where you can find hardware on post 5 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

I’m convinced I need a sub ohm device as I like the battery life, airflow, juice capacity and subtle clouds, plus I chain vape like a mo’fo!

In general, a plusohm would have longer battery life, tighter airflow, use less juice (so require less capacity) and smaller clouds.

First thing is to decide how you want to vape - MTL (suck then inhale) or DTL (breathe straight in).

That will dictate what sort of tank will be suitable - there is sometimes a bit of crossover, but not much.

just to add
I’m having trouble finding advice for advanced kit for low wattage use. I’m convinced I need a sub ohm device as I like the battery life, airflow, juice capacity and subtle clouds, plus I chain vape like a mo’fo!
any kit can be used for low to mid wattage it just means you wont have to charge the batteries that often.
were you looking for a fixed internal battery or removable where you charge in an external charger and replace with a fully charged pair so you dont have to wait for charging.

left Aegis x 200watt takes 2 x 18650 batteries
middle Vaporesso Gen 220watt takes 2 x 18650
right Voopoo X217 220watt takes either 2 x 18650 or 2 x 21700 batteries

Image795213998827903312.jpg

Hi @Shesellseashells on the sea shore and welcome to the planet.

i know there are some fan boys (and girls) on here but for the past 2 years smok flooded the market and their QC went down the pan. i think theve finally seen sence and have started to get their act together again. their coils were hit and miss and for majority of posts on here were lucky they lasted 2 days. there are a serious amount of fakes out there though.
there are other great mods and tanks out there and my last 2 i cant fault so far. the vaporesso gen is great so i bought 2 and my latest is the geekvape x. both 200+ watts which take twin 18650 batteries.
ive not used an RDA so cant help on that path but there are plenty who will be able to help.

what i will say is if you do find something you like the look of always ask on here first as we have plenty of discounts or can point you in the direction of the cheapest place to buy.

this is worth bookmarking for future reference where you can find hardware on post 5 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers
Thanks very much for your help

In general, a plusohm would have longer battery life, tighter airflow, use less juice (so require less capacity) and smaller clouds.

First thing is to decide how you want to vape - MTL (suck then inhale) or DTL (breathe straight in).

That will dictate what sort of tank will be suitable - there is sometimes a bit of crossover, but not much.

I like DTL myself

and find plus ohm a bit weak. I’m in an inbetweeny place

Back
Top Bottom