Vape Superstore
What's new

Vaping has just got real for me!

I am a now non smoker of 47 years and if I can do it anyone can, I am mostly vaping mouth to lung at the moment and eventually I will go DTL infact I have my Smok Veneno all ready and primed to go. I too would like to get into RDA's and coil makng but I will learn to walk first if you know what I mean also making your own liquids sounds good, if you need a tester remember who asked first lol. I would love a really good Tobacco one but after reading loads of articles it seems that it's a flavour that's hard to replicate but I will keep searching, it's like being on a quest looking for the holy grail of e-liquid. Good luck with all your vaping and making :)

Yeh 47 years is a long time! I thought 15 was... lol. How long have you been vaping for? I found that after a few weeks I had moved away from tobacco flavours, one because they didn't replicate cigarettes and second because there are soooo many better flavours out there

D2L seems it is the way to go, I tried MTL when I came back but realised it doesn't quite work and now realised I like a very loose draw.

Thank you and to you and hope you find YOUR holy grail of e-juice!

Vape Superstore
Yeh 47 years is a long time! I thought 15 was... lol. How long have you been vaping for? I found that after a few weeks I had moved away from tobacco flavours, one because they didn't replicate cigarettes and second because there are soooo many better flavours out there

D2L seems it is the way to go, I tried MTL when I came back but realised it doesn't quite work and now realised I like a very loose draw.

Thank you and to you and hope you find YOUR holy grail of e-juice!
Stopped on the 9th of March but like you I had previously tried without success, the vaping gear and juices back in the day were quite rubbish and quite costly for what you were buying, I had just over a week in hospital mostly in the Cardiac Care Unit with Pneumonia and Heart failure so more or less had to stop, in some ways it happening did me a favour and kind of forced me to quit, got some Nic Salts and haven't looked back.

Stopped on the 9th of March but like you I had previously tried without success, the vaping gear and juices back in the day were quite rubbish and quite costly for what you were buying, I had just over a week in hospital mostly in the Cardiac Care Unit with Pneumonia and Heart failure so more or less had to stop, in some ways it happening did me a favour and kind of forced me to quit, got some Nic Salts and haven't looked back.
Omg! So sorry to hear that but as you said it's a good thing that it forced you stop and now found something that is far better for you and will hopefully keep you off the smokes as that is the most important thing!

Yeh the equipment now pisses all over what was available back then! When you consider I spent like £80 on the original Joyetech EVIC that was the most modern mod at the time (upgradeable firmware, could track your puff count and time of draw (ok that was pretty clever tbf)) but now you can pick up something like what I have got for 1/3 of the price and far far superior. Anyway I'm banging on again!

Vape Green
I know exactly what you mean, when I first tried it was mostly the pen type devices which you had to spend a weeks wages on to get one and the price of e-liquid was more than a packet of cigs so you were no better off vaping than smoking.

she's an ex smoker that used hypnosis to quit

My sister in law and her partner tried hypnosis.

Cost about £600 iirc for the pair of them.

Lasted about 4 days before they were smoking again...

I found that after a few weeks I had moved away from tobacco flavours

I never moved toward them.

Initially I didn't want anything close to smoking - I'd got to the stage where I was fed up with smoking anyway and something tasting the same was the last thing on my mind.

I tried a few later on - discovered that either I still didn't like the taste, or that tobacco actually tastes bloody awful anyway ;)

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I tried a few later on - discovered that either I still didn't like the taste, or that tobacco actually tastes bloody awful anyway

Haha! This is very true! And after a couple of weeks of not smoking and then 'trying' a cigarette does taste horrible but you do get a nice head rush from one though... just shows there are much more addictive chemicals in cigarettes than just nicotine.

My sister in law and her partner tried hypnosis.

Cost about £600 iirc for the pair of them.

Lasted about 4 days before they were smoking again...

I guess my partner was lucky I guess then! But she has been more understanding with all my new equipment than I was expecting her to be

Haha! This is very true! And after a couple of weeks of not smoking and then 'trying' a cigarette does taste horrible but you do get a nice head rush from one though... just shows there are much more addictive chemicals in cigarettes than just nicotine

Yes on those chemicals - including the ones have mild antidepressant qualities...

Don't know about trying a fag - I put out my last one on the way to the kids school assembly and had my first vape when I got home, haven't touched a fag since. Someone smoking outside anywhere near me is bad enough now.

AcmeFog
Yes on those chemicals - including the ones have mild antidepressant qualities...

Don't know about trying a fag - I put out my last one on the way to the kids school assembly and had my first vape when I got home, haven't touched a fag since. Someone smoking outside anywhere near me is bad enough now.

I didn't know it had mild depressants?? I always found cigarettes made me more alert?

And yeh that is very true, they do stink after not having one! Yeh vaping does have that affect on a lot of us, well until I relapsed but hopefully not again :)

I didn't know it had mild depressants

Antidepressants...

I don't think they were added intentionally as such (although it is entirely possible) - it may just be a side effect of the mix of chemicals present.

Vape Club
I think because nicotine is a stimulant it helps improve your mood and feel more relaxed. It was depression that made me start smoking again 11 years ago and why I still vape now and have no plans to give it up any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom