What's new

Restarting my DIY and question on test batches

Yeh I'm not using recipes... just going my own way lol.

So currently I have made 5ml batches of each flavour individually, all at 2% a couple that are slightly over but have recorded on a little sticker on the bottle. Maybe a little low but you can always add more, much more difficult to take away. Yeh I know adding more will throw out nic levels and PG ratio but tbh it's mainly about flavour I'm not going to vape that loads lol.

Once I have found a good percentage of each flavour I am then thinking of putting like a drop or 2 of each on a RDA (in the post from fastech) to then mix, whilst again recording the percentage of each mix, does that make sense? I think I may be overthinking and maybe making this far more long winded that needs be though... itll take like a year at this rate before I make my first full batch of anything

Sounds a reasonable plan to me.

So a quick update... waiting patiently for my RDA to arrive so I can try some of the flavours... as at the moment I have a bottle shot that is steeping, with the guidelines being wait 4 weeks. Now my issue is that its tasting really good! But I am doing my best not to vape it lol.

I'm awaiting my RDA so I can try some of my fruit ones so I can knock some of those up so I will have something to vape whilst I wait for my bottle shot to steep...

Oh the joys of vaping! Lol

So a quick update... waiting patiently for my RDA to arrive so I can try some of the flavours... as at the moment I have a bottle shot that is steeping, with the guidelines being wait 4 weeks. Now my issue is that its tasting really good! But I am doing my best not to vape it lol.

I'm awaiting my RDA so I can try some of my fruit ones so I can knock some of those up so I will have something to vape whilst I wait for my bottle shot to steep...

Oh the joys of vaping! Lol
If it tastes great fuck the 4 weeks steep time just carry on enjoying it [emoji4] what if it gets the 4 weeks and you don't like it as much as you do now? [emoji6]

If it tastes great fuck the 4 weeks steep time just carry on enjoying it [emoji4] what if it gets the 4 weeks and you don't like it as much as you do now? [emoji6]

Ahhh I didnt think of that... but what if it tastes better?? Lol maybe I need to order another one:18::18:

Ahhh I didnt think of that... but what if it tastes better?? Lol maybe I need to order another one
Just stick a 10ml bottle of it in the back of the cupboard until the 6 week mark then test it but don't get too hung up on steep times if you like it vape it [emoji6]

Just stick a 10ml bottle of it in the back of the cupboard until the 6 week mark then test it but don't get too hung up on steep times if you like it vape it [emoji6]

Ahh man! Yeh good shout! And if it does taste even better I'll order another one and by that time I should be in a position to be able to let it steep for that amount of time :)

So a quick update... first note... if you plan on trying lots of different testers, don't use nicotine lmao! As you may get a small heady feeling from all the nicotine...

Anyway, a few of the flavours I tried were ok, couple were pretty good, mainly yellow peach by TFA and Premium Custard by F'Arts. The others were a bit meh and some were nasty... I have upped all of them other than the custard to see how the flavour changes with more concentration.

I have made a larger test of peach and custard as those were my favourite but neither of them were ADVs on their own.

Can anyone suggest any good conc that are great solo (fruity preferably) as to save money I'm gunna need to find a flavour I'd like soon ish lol.

Also I was vaping it at quite a low wattage... should i have varied it, I lowered it so I didn't get dry hits as I wasn't fully soaking the wick (mainly just around the coils) so I didnt flood it with loads of different flavours.

Thank you guys :)

Last edited:
Inawera Blackcurrant @3%

Try 6% FA Custard Premium and 6% FA Juicy Strawberry
Give it a very good shake and it should be okay to start vaping it after a couple of days.

If you're a fan of fruits have a look at my Oasis range.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...xology/threads/ripples-recipes.187335/page-12

Yeh I mixed up 6% Strawberry and 10% custard... maybe I got my ratios wrong... lol but I wasnt sure on it. The strawberry has an undertone that I'm not sure about. But it could be my wick...

Back
Top Bottom