What's new

VLS. Need some help.

RAPTOREX

Achiever
This dripper is driving me mad. It matters not how I configure the coils, I just can't achieve the fabled flavour this dripper is so known for. I've tried twin vertical, twin horizontal and single horizontal, none offer better than muted flavour.
Anyone got any ideas, why?

This dripper is driving me mad. It matters not how I configure the coils, I just can't achieve the fabled flavour this dripper is so known for. I've tried twin vertical, twin horizontal and single horizontal, none offer better than muted flavour.
Anyone got any ideas, why?

Possibly the best flavour RDA I have tried though I have not tried it as a dripper, squonking was my preferred method.

Coil position and wicking made all the difference, I ended up doing the traditional stacked coil method, there's a build guide in my review:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...reads/oumier-vls-rda-build-wick-guide.166918/

Glad this thread popped up as I had half forgotten about it, time to give her another spin methinks :)

VLS-3.jpg
VLS-6.jpg
VLS-7.jpg

Possibly the best flavour RDA I have tried though I have not tried it as a dripper, squonking was my preferred method.

Coil position and wicking made all the difference, I ended up doing the traditional stacked coil method, there's a build guide in my review:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...reads/oumier-vls-rda-build-wick-guide.166918/

Glad this thread popped up as I had half forgotten about it, time to give her another spin methinks :)

View attachment 214191 View attachment 214192 View attachment 214193
Yes. I used your thread when I bought it.
I honestly Coil it just as in these images. It's so so on flavour with simple SS and NI80 coils. And just the same with complex and even Brochrome versions.
I know the thing works, just not for me. I'm desperate to find out why.

Yes. I used your thread when I bought it.
I honestly Coil it just as in these images. It's so so on flavour with simple SS and NI80 coils. And just the same with complex and even Brochrome versions.
I know the thing works, just not for me. I'm desperate to find out why.
Are you dripping or squonking?

Ni80 work best for me, flat claptons make it easier also, going to throw in a new build and see if I can figure out any pitfalls, I've only had one failed build which was down to my wicking being too tight but I was getting dry hits rather than muted flavour.
(Famous last words I bet I f**k up the next build)

If I come across anything useful I will give you a shout.

Are you dripping or squonking?

Ni80 work best for me, flat claptons make it easier also, going to throw in a new build and see if I can figure out any pitfalls, I've only had one failed build which was down to my wicking being too tight but I was getting dry hits rather than muted flavour.
(Famous last words I bet I f**k up the next build)

If I come across anything useful I will give you a shout.
I'd be grateful, thanks.
Actually I both squonk and drip, especially on a vertical build. Though I may look at my wicking after your comment, I'm stumped, otherwise.
I know it's in there, I just can't coax it out!

One of the best flavour rdas ever made.

Dual vertical build with cotton folded over reducing chamber size to the tiny bit of space between the posts. Air goes in thru the posts and straight up.

IMAG1637.jpg
IMAG1636.jpg

Back
Top Bottom