What's new

Vaping has just got real for me!

Jaffacakes

Postman
So I used to vape about 8 years ago, and totally went onto vaping, but then succumbed to cigarettes again for about 5 or so years. Now the last couple of years I have been a "hybrid vaper" (can I coin that phrase? Lol).

Since I have been back vaping I have never been able to quite find the right kit to get me off smokes completely, I have tried numerous mods, tanks MTL, DTL and everything inbetween etc (mainly starters as so much has changed since I first vaped, for example a VW device delivering 8-15w was impressive.)

But now that I am off work for at least 3 months, I am a pub manager, and I always only smoke at work so now that I am no longer working I found that I still wanted the occasional smoke a day. I realised now is the time to fully bite the bullet so to speak and get some new stuff!

So today the nice mister postie delivered the attached today... Aegis X with the FreeMax mesh pro! Now I know this may still be 'starter category' for some of you, and maybe if I kept vaping for the last 8 years it would be for me too, however I think I have found the set up that will get me off smokes completely!! Woo hoo! I'm not going to review this set up as many far more better suited people have done this, but with the power curve settings and the tank this bad boy is a dream to vape on.

I have also splashed the cash on DIY mixology stuff to, as I used to DIY back in the day but the reason I didnt get back into it this time round was because of TPD and max 18mg and with short fills didnt think there was much to gain from DIYing. But now I have found out you can get hold of some high nic bases I am going to go back to that too, and my thinking is the more I'm invested in vaping the more I will enjoy it and stay away from the smokes.

I have also ordered a cheap clone RDA with some ready built coils and wicks to give RBA's a go too so I can try my juices more easily ;).

Anyway that's my journey so far, sorry for the massively long post, I guess the moral of my story is don't give up, and I have heard this so many times and I also said this 8 years ago when I was a somewhat experienced vaper, there IS a set up that will work for you, you just need to find it. Not saying you need to spend £160+ on the set up but you can tweak over a period of time.

Anyways thanks for reading, hopefully I haven't sent you to sleep, and I will probably keep this thread up to date with how my journey goes from here!

Attachments

• 20200401_150450.jpg
    20200401_150450.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
Trying things out and experimenting is half the fun so keep at it, there's loads of different styles out there just waiting for you to sample. As long as it keeps you off the ciggies it's the right choice for you.

Trying things out and experimenting is half the fun so keep at it, there's loads of different styles out there just waiting for you to sample. As long as it keeps you off the ciggies it's the right choice for you.
Oh defo! I agree! And I will keep at it, also thinking that DIY mixing may keep me from spending money on new gear... well here's to hoping, didn't work previously though shinyitus gets to real! Lmao

Great story @Jaffacakes and as you say with no work for a period of time you have plenty of time to experiment. I look forward to following your journey. :2thumbsup:

The Mesh Pro is a fantastic tank. I'm sure you will love it like I did. It has the best flavour of any stock coil tank I've ever vaped.

A good rebuildable though is in a different league entirely. I'm now using Dovpo Blotto RTA's and the flavour on them leaves the Mesh Pro for dead.

Building your own coils and mixing your own juices will give you loads of fun and hopefully make vaping such a pleasure that you won't want to go back to the smokes.

I wish you well on your new vaping journey and definitely let us know how it goes. :)

Great story @Jaffacakes and as you say with no work for a period of time you have plenty of time to experiment. I look forward to following your journey. :2thumbsup:

That was another reason, I need something to keep me busy . Hopefully by the time I go back I will have mastered the basics as when I do back to work I won't get much free time. And I'm looking forward to exploring my new journey!

The Mesh Pro is a fantastic tank. I'm sure you will love it like I did. It has the best flavour of any stock coil tank I've ever vaped.

A good rebuildable though is in a different league entirely. I'm now using Dovpo Blotto RTA's and the flavour on them leaves the Mesh Pro for dead.

Building your own coils and mixing your own juices will give you loads of fun and hopefully make vaping such a pleasure that you won't want to go back to the smokes.

I wish you well on your new vaping journey and definitely let us know how it goes. :)

Thank you! Yeh I didn't really know where to start so I thought get something decent that's 'plug and play' so to speak and grab a cheap RDA to learn the basics and go from there!

And I did completely forget how much there is to mixing but I am confident I will slip straight back into it as long as the missus doesn't get too annoyed with bottles being everywhere, she's an ex smoker that used hypnosis to quit and typical ex smoker in that "why don't you just stop like I did". So we will see how my journey goes with her looking over my shoulder with everything i do and spend money on . And finding a juice that isn't too artificial as that's a smell she really hates lol.

I am a now non smoker of 47 years and if I can do it anyone can, I am mostly vaping mouth to lung at the moment and eventually I will go DTL infact I have my Smok Veneno all ready and primed to go. I too would like to get into RDA's and coil makng but I will learn to walk first if you know what I mean also making your own liquids sounds good, if you need a tester remember who asked first lol. I would love a really good Tobacco one but after reading loads of articles it seems that it's a flavour that's hard to replicate but I will keep searching, it's like being on a quest looking for the holy grail of e-liquid. Good luck with all your vaping and making :)

I am a now non smoker of 47 years and if I can do it anyone can, I am mostly vaping mouth to lung at the moment and eventually I will go DTL infact I have my Smok Veneno all ready and primed to go. I too would like to get into RDA's and coil makng but I will learn to walk first if you know what I mean also making your own liquids sounds good, if you need a tester remember who asked first lol. I would love a really good Tobacco one but after reading loads of articles it seems that it's a flavour that's hard to replicate but I will keep searching, it's like being on a quest looking for the holy grail of e-liquid. Good luck with all your vaping and making :)

Good on you LordOdin. You just keep going to find whatever vape stuff you love the most.

The more you enjoy your vaping and have fun with it the less likely you will want to go back on the ciggies.

All the best with it and good luck. :)

Back
Top Bottom