Innokin
What's new

New Blotto RTA purchase

. See I tried the cotton on top of the holes and it just dumped about 2ml juice. In Bogan's own tutorial he has his legs right to the bottom of the deck and says it doesn't make any difference but that just gives me no flavour and a dry hit. Guess he wouldn't admit that his own product is fussy as fuck though :18:
Make sure your not putting to much cotton through the coils and you don't have to much above the juice holes, if you have to much at the juice holes they will just stop the juice from flowing to your coils when all put back together.

Elux
Ta-dahhh!! :)

Just got my brand new purple blotto 2 hours ago and here it is all built with a couple of 3mm framed staples and it's vaping like a champ.

I've also got no leaks this time because I really took my time to position the cotton just right. I think I've got this thing sussed.

Blotto2.jpg

I can't speak for dual coils but for single I've used 3.5mm id, centred above the airflow. With wicking I personally have always found it doesn't matter how tight it is through the coil, as long as it doesn't bend your build when pulling it through. I have the tails thinned out at the ends so this part covers the juice port and resting just at the bottom... No lower (you should be able to comfortably slide a flat head screw driver into the juice port with minimal effort).

When I first built it, I was not thinning the wick tails out enough and the flavour was average. Now I wick it with the tails thinned it's a great vape... Impressive for an rta.

As I said, I can't comment on dual coil builds but with a single coil, the airflow is obviously increased and the flavour is tops. I'm gonna try a 4mm id build next which should improve performance more but overall I caanit fault it.

Vape Green
. See I tried the cotton on top of the holes and it just dumped about 2ml juice. In Bogan's own tutorial he has his legs right to the bottom of the deck and says it doesn't make any difference but that just gives me no flavour and a dry hit. Guess he wouldn't admit that his own product is fussy as fuck though :18:
This is my deck. The coils have been in a bit, so aren't at their best. Still you can see coil placement and wicking. Incidentally that cotton Is over 30ml into its life.
66B9BC44-FB4E-4248-BD6C-B97AE3C78043.jpeg

It really doesn't matter if the cotton is touching the bottom of the juice channel because once the deck is screwed onto the chimney the bottom of the channel acts as the base of the tank with the full tank of juice resting on it. Providing you've dammed the cotton holes properly it shouldn't leak. Then it's a matter of using the right amount of cotton to allow the juice to flow just right.

With dual 3mm coils I find the cotton tails on either side need to be thinned out a little by giving them a brush with my pointy tweezers so as not to choke the wick holes. I also make sure I brush the cotton from underneath and all the way around to loosen the fibres so it's easier to spread it evenly around. Then push it through the hole being careful to make sure the cotton is touching the side all the way around so you properly dam the hole up so juice can't leak past the cotton and into the airflow slits. On my second attempt I didn't brush and thin the cotton tails enough so had to cram the cotton in and I choked it too much so the juice didn't wick well enough.

I think I've cracked it now so it's vaping absolutely beautifully. :)

Royal Flush Vape
The cotton is only that long, because I cut it too long, and it doesn't matter anyway. Or hasn't for me. As you can see my tails are well thinned out
It really doesn't matter if the cotton is touching the bottom of the juice channel because once the deck is screwed onto the chimney the bottom of the channel acts as the base of the tank with the full tank of juice resting on it. Providing you've dammed the cotton holes properly it shouldn't leak. Then it's a matter of using the right amount of cotton to allow the juice to flow just right.

With dual 3mm coils I find the cotton tails on either side need to be thinned out a little by giving them a brush with my pointy tweezers so as not to choke the wick holes. I also make sure I brush the cotton from underneath and all the way around to loosen the fibres so it's easier to spread it evenly around. Then push it through the hole being careful to make sure the cotton is touching the side all the way around so you properly dam the hole up so juice can't leak past the cotton and into the airflow slits. On my second attempt I didn't brush and thin the cotton tails enough so had to cram the cotton in and I choked it too much so the juice didn't wick well enough.

I think I've cracked it now so it's vaping absolutely beautifully. :)
yep. Thin out the tails big time. Just make sure you have enough to fill, but not stuff the juice wells. You'll need to forgive the cotton length. I cut it too long. As it doesn't matter, I didn't bother shortening it. The only difference in my system, is I wet the cotton, and allow it to swell. Before I place it in the juice well. But that's a personal not technical move.

I put a fresh build in mine last night and I'm actually getting good flavour from it. I'll see how it goes. I remember the first build I put in it seemed great at first but dropped off after a day. Part of the reason I wanted to go back to the Rebirth is due to how thirsty the Blotto is. Nearly doubled my juice consumption.

AcmeFog
I put a fresh build in mine last night and I'm actually getting good flavour from it. I'll see how it goes. I remember the first build I put in it seemed great at first but dropped off after a day. Part of the reason I wanted to go back to the Rebirth is due to how thirsty the Blotto is. Nearly doubled my juice consumption.
Oh yeah, it's thirsty. With the standard glass you can see it go down. But running at .14-.1 ohms, as I do, it will be I guess. I've not really used comparable builds, with the Reberth, so it's hard for me to compare.

I remember with my old Aspire Nuatilus using 1.8 ohm coils I was only vaping about 2 or 3ml a day. With the blotto on a .15 ohm setup at 65W I'm doing around 10 - 12 ml. Fortunately, as I can make a days worth of diy juice for around 40p it's not an issue. That was one of the main reasons I got into mixing my own.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom