What's new

New Blotto RTA purchase

I've just given up on my Blotto and ordered another Rebirth to replace the one I lost. Maybe I just suck at building but the Blotto always tastes like it's on the edge of dry hitting and the flavour is muted. Tried to persevere with it but I think the Rebirth is miles better myself.
I'm a fan of the Reberth, too. Mine is a bit weepy though, which takes the edge off. I'd say the Reberth is more versatile, as it has a the ability to flow much more air. Flavour is on point in both, IMO.

I'm a fan of the Reberth, too. Mine is a bit weepy though, which takes the edge off. I'd say the Reberth is more versatile, as it has a the ability to flow much more air. Flavour is on point in both, IMO.
. You think? I wish I could get the flavour out of it that everyone else seems to be getting. I've tried every which way I can think of to wick it. Long, short. Thick, thin. I could just throw a build in the Rebirth without thinking about it and the results were always great and a build would last weeks.

. You think? I wish I could get the flavour out of it that everyone else seems to be getting. I've tried every which way I can think of to wick it. Long, short. Thick, thin. I could just throw a build in the Rebirth without thinking about it and the results were always great and a build would last weeks.

I'm still very new to building coils so I'm not gonna try and sound like I'm some expert but one tip I picked up from the 'Vaping with Vic' video is that if you're doing a dual coil build you need to try and leave enough of a gap between the two coils to allow a decent amount of airflow between them or it apparently mutes the flavour quite a bit. If you watch the video from 14 minutes in you can see what he has to say about the gap.

As for the dry hits, I just wonder if you have squeezed the cotton too tightly through the coil so it's not wicking the juice through easily enough.

That's the video I used when I first got it. If I recall he says to pull the coils right back near the vertical airflow posts so air can pass betweens the coils like you say so that's the way I've always done it. I've tried thinning the coils right out but it just leaks when I fill it. Guess it just doesn't suit me :18: I think the deck is too cramped to get decent air round the coils along with the perforated airflow slots.

Well I hope you can make it work somehow but I'll let the more experience coil builders on here, who know far more than I do, chime in with some advice. :)

I've heard that from quite a few people. Whilst it's not my experience, it clearly is that of others. I have a friend that can chuck any wicking in, and it's fine. Mine needs a bit more care. Others can't make it work, at all. I really wish I knew why this was the case. Though it's my view the design of the build deck is at the root of all these problems. That and a bit of scant QC from Divpo.

I'm testing mine just now and for best flavour with dual coil, put the coils as close to the side air holes as you can(baw hair away from them), single coil put the coil above the bottom air holes as close as you can get it.
I used a light at the back to make sure the coils weren't touching the deck with both single and dual. As for wicking, place the cotton on top of the juice holes and not inside them.
Coil legs length using the coily, mine where 3mm ID Aliens from TKD Coils. single 5mm. dual 4mm.

I'm testing mine just now and for best flavour with dual coil, put the coils as close to the side air holes as you can(baw hair away from them), single coil put the coil above the bottom air holes as close as you can get it.
I used a light at the back to make sure the coils weren't touching the deck with both single and dual. As for wicking, place the cotton on top of the juice holes and not inside them.
Coil legs length using the coily, mine where 3mm ID Aliens from TKD Coils. single 5mm. dual 4mm.
You get 4mm dual coils in? I'll bet you need a vacuum pump to get a draw, out of it. Lol

The draw is good for me, air hole open about 1/3rd of the way
90780056_2873669169392072_8892135032181751808_o.jpg

. See I tried the cotton on top of the holes and it just dumped about 2ml juice. In Bogan's own tutorial he has his legs right to the bottom of the deck and says it doesn't make any difference but that just gives me no flavour and a dry hit. Guess he wouldn't admit that his own product is fussy as fuck though :18:

Back
Top Bottom