What's new

TC not working with different wire guage

Dennis-vc

Postman
Here's something that boggles my mind:

For the past couple of months I've been really enjoying TC on my Kayfun Lite + Dani 21700 box. I've been using a 27 guage 7 wrap 2.5mm ID SS316L coil that comes out at 0.63 ohms but according to the Dicodes guide for temperature controlled vaping the optimal resistance range for this wire material should be between 1 and 2 ohms.

Even though I have found the perfect build I decided to get some 28 guage wire and make the exact same coil (because why not, this might be even better). Coiled it, wicked it, did the calibration and virtually nothing happens when I press the fire button. Coil height is identical, tightened everything down to the point where I almost strip the screws and did the wicking just like always. I'm using Zivipf wire in both cases so the only difference between the builds is the wire guage.

I Just swapped out the coil for my regular build and it's working a treat again. Can anyone tell what's going on here?

Would love to, but as I said I just put my old build back in and now it's working as usual. So I can only provide you with a picture of a coil that's working perfectly

In that case all I can suggest is rechecking the wire is actually SS and being super diligent in your coiling.

Back
Top Bottom