What's new

Think Vape ZETA Autofiring workaround

So my Zeta has been auto firing when you press the fire button, fires for a few seconds then crashes and reboots.

Fed up with it but thought I would try BYPASS mode, the problem has gone in this mode, about 8 hours use so far with not one auto fire.

To set it to BYPASS mode:
  • 3 x Fire Button
  • 1 x Up button (will display BYP)
  • 1 x Fire Button (to confirm)
I thought it might help anyone else that has the same issue.

ALTERNATE MTL RBA WATTAGE MODE WORKAROUND

@zouzounaki stumbled across this excellent solution, a few of us have tested it and it works:

Using thin gauge wire (28awg to 32awg) make your coil around 1.6 Ohms or higher eliminates the auto-fire/reboot issue so you can use it in Power / Wattage mode.

I am using this method and my faulty Zeta is now working perfectly.

Last edited:
Not had the issue myself so far, but useful to know should it start happening. Cheers

My Zeta is doing this regularly now, can’t really use the bypass option just now I reckon I’d fry the 0.5 coil, shame about this issue it’s a decent vape.

That’s what we’ve been doing for weeks since @the_atomic_fart mentioned it in the zeta thread.

I complained to everzon about the autofiring and got a new one sent, which unfortunately also has the same issue. With both it rarely ever happens, very intermittent but still a bit disappointing and annoying. Both are on bypass mode all the time, at about 1Ω it’s perfect.

That’s what we’ve been doing for weeks since @the_atomic_fart mentioned it in the zeta thread.

I complained to everzon about the autofiring and got a new one sent, which unfortunately also has the same issue. With both it rarely ever happens, very intermittent but still a bit disappointing and annoying. Both are on bypass mode all the time, at about 1Ω it’s perfect.
Makes me glad I didn't get one. Shame, it seemed head and shoulders above the rest, in its price segment.

I wonder if it ended up selling for the price it does because they realised the whole batch were defective and off loaded them on the cheap. Most people seem to be having this issue to some degree or other. Aye, it’s a shame.

My zeta started showing the battery as charging all the time, even when not plugged in. This would then of course drain said battery.

The usb port is gubbed on my first one. The replacement is working fine and it seems a more sturdy fit so I’m hoping it will be ok.

I’ve found that if I press the fire button for a fraction of a second it wakes the mod says system on and then the normal watts etc screen comes on, then it works fine no sticking in fire mode, but if I just take a drag from sleep mode / blank screen it will stick in fire mode virtually every time, it’s a faff though and I keep forgetting to do it, looks like it’s going to be bin fodder.

I’ve found that if I press the fire button for a fraction of a second it wakes the mod says system on and then the normal watts etc screen comes on, then it works fine no sticking in fire mode, but if I just take a drag from sleep mode / blank screen it will stick in fire mode virtually every time, it’s a faff though and I keep forgetting to do it, looks like it’s going to be bin fodder.

Put a 1Ω coil in and stick it on bypass mode. It’s excellent. For some reason as well I seem to get much more battery life.

Back
Top Bottom