What's new

First go at Rhubarb & Custard

It's always worth following the double up and adjust rule.
For example if your mix is too rhubarb heavy you can make up equal amounts but leave the rhubarb out.
Mix the two together and you'll have halved the amount of rhubarb used and wasted nothing.

Now that is a brilliant idea!

One thing to remember about elr is a lot of the top rated recipes, although good, were made years ago for kit that wasn't great. With the excellent tanks we have now there is no need to make everything so strong.
Also, the older the recipe the more time its had to get upvotes.

One thing to remember about elr is a lot of the top rated recipes, although good, were made years ago for kit that wasn't great. With the excellent tanks we have now there is no need to make everything so strong.
There's also far more crap on there than good.

Now that is a brilliant idea!
I used to mix like this all the time and never wasted anything but on the other hand i never wrote stuff down so might end up with far too much of one recipie.

Those are very good points.

Of the limited number of mixes I have made so far, I seem to like my flavours pretty strong and in the 15-20% range. Maybe my palette will change as I learn a bit more though and start to appreciate subtlety rather than a full on smack in the face!

So I had a first go at this one today, and I have to say the Rhubarb is actually very nice indeed at 8%. Definitely not overpowering at all. The custard isn't quite there yet though. I'll give it another week and try again.

The rhubarb is way more towards the "rhubarb & custard sweet" side of things rather than actual rhubarb. But that's OK.

One thing I did notice is that the vapour from this does seem to stick around a lot more than most I am used to. Could that be due to the "Vape Wizard" in it? It just seemed to linger in the air more - but that may have been due to sunlight throughout the windows.

Three weeks steeping so far and this juice is a winner for me! Lovely flavour with the custard rounding out nicely. I should make another batch this afternoon so it can fester away in the airing cupboard as this bottle isn't going back in there.

I might also have a go at some kind of creme caramel flavour while I am at it.

Back
Top Bottom