What's new

Washington Vapes - Shocking Customer Service

I thought I would add to this. I have use them for a while never really had a issue with them till last week. I order some bits and I never received them even tho Royal Mail said it was delivered (tracked). So I when to the post office just in case it was a mistake they said no and call the customer service which I did got a ref number of them. By now I had emailed Washington vapes who took a few days to reply and they asked have I received it yet. I replied with no and here the ref number a few more days past with no reply. So I open a paypal claim. Got a reply today saying it’s been declined as they could prove it was delivered. So I try and got back on the website and just be like this isn’t on but they have blocked me from the website. So I do a 1 star review and the reply I got just shocked me saying I lied and they have blocked me wow just can’t believe there customer service. So now I’m out of £55 just cause they didn’t want to do a claim for a missing package with the Royal Mail. It’s a shame as I never had a issue before with them. So I guess I just have to find some where else to shop.

sorry to hear of your troubles @mike_stevens
does it show a signature picture on the post tracking website.
could anyone else of signed for it at your address. was you in on the day of signature and if not could it have been signed by a neighbour who has kept it.
its a difficult one but being blocked and paypal declining doesnt help one bit.

Last edited:
This is the problem with the way Royal Mail are doing things now. If a postie makes a mistake and delivers something to the wrong house their system will show it's been delivered and everyone wants to deny responsibility.

If the item is trackable then you can find out whether Royal Mail ever handled it so as to establish that the item was actually posted.

Once you know it was actually sent, your contract is with the vendor and not Royal Mail. If you tell the vendor it hasn't arrived they have to replace it and it's up to them to claim compensation from Royal Mail.

You do need to bear in mind, it isn't the vendors fault if things get lost in the post so showing them a little politeness and patience goes a long way. They're only human afterall, and no one reacts well to people being rude and short tempered with them.

Here is what I've done when I've had this happen and I've always managed to get it sorted without a problem.

1) Check the Royal Mail system online to make sure the parcel was registered on their system.

2} Phone Royal Mail customer service, tell them what's happened to see if they can help and get a reference number for your enquiry.

3) Contact the vendor, explain to them your item hasn't arrived and give them the Royal Mail reference for your enquiry. Explain that you know they sent your item and that it isn't their fault for loosing it but as the item has got lost in the post, under consumer law your contract is with them and you need them to send a replacement.

With a bit of patience and politeness on your part you should be able to get it sorted and it's never failed me yet.

Last edited:
sorry to hear of your troubles @mike_stevens
does it show a signature picture on the post tracking website.
could anyone else of signed for it at your address. was you in on the day of signature and if not could it have been signed by a neighbour who has kept it.
its a difficult one but being blocked and paypal declining doesnt help one bit.

yer I asked all my neighbours and no nothing. When I checked it said it was delivered I though oh ok will be outside the front door but got home nothing. Shame as I have used them for over two years and never had a issue.

This is the problem with the way Royal Mail are doing things now. If a postie makes a mistake and delivers something to the wrong house their system will show it's been delivered and everyone wants to deny responsibility.

If the item is trackable then you can find out whether Royal Mail ever handled it so as to establish that the item was actually posted.

Once you know it was actually sent, your contract is with the vendor and not Royal Mail. If you tell the vendor it hasn't arrived they have to replace it and it's up to them to claim compensation from Royal Mail.

You do need to bear in mind, it isn't the vendors fault if things get lost in the post so showing them a little politeness and patience goes a long way. They're only human afterall, and no one reacts well to people being rude and short tempered with them.

Here is what I've done when I've had this happen and I've always managed to get it sorted without a problem.

1) Check the Royal Mail system online to make sure the parcel was registered on their system.

2} Phone Royal Mail customer service, tell them what's happened to see if they can help and get a reference number for your enquiry.

3) Contact the vendor, explain to them your item hasn't arrived and give them the Royal Mail reference for your enquiry. Explain that you know they sent your item and that it isn't their fault for loosing it but as the item has got lost in the post, under consumer law your contract is with them and you need them to send a replacement.

With a bit of patience and politeness on your part you should be able to get it sorted and it's never failed me yet.

Hi thanks for the reply.

I did all as you said above but they never replied to me. Not once did I say that it was there fault and like you thought that what they would off done. But as I didn’t hear anything I called PayPal for a refund and like you said they said the same thing the sender did send it and they sent them the same thing I got that it was delivered. But I when to send them another message today but they have blocked me so did a review in which I got this reply

Reply from Washington Vapes
9 hours ago
REALLY MIKE

Stop with your lies. Yes, you cannot use us because you have been blocked from the website.

We have replied to your emails spoke to royal mail opened the case with them for the lost parcel.

They have confirmed that it has been delivered at the right place based on GPS location and cannot take it further.

then you put a PayPal claim where we have provided the evidence that it has been delivered.Outcome is given below

track and trace: KT707477195GB

Paypal decision/Outcome :

Dispute reason
Merchandise or service not received

Case status
Closed

Case resolution
Decided in your favour (Seller)

Adjudication reason
The seller provided valid tracking information.

They only replied to my 1st email

the issue I have is Royal Mail could put it anywhere and say it delivered there no way to prove they haven’t.

There's also no way for Royal Mail to prove they have delivered it either.

GPS data is not conclusive!

It cannot say conclusively that the parcel was put through your letterbox. It cannot say the item wasn't delivered to a near neighbour who chose to be dishonest and keep it. Neither can it say that the postie didn't just scan it outside your door and decide to then steal it or just leave it outside your door for someone else to steal.

Which will tell you the appropriate consumer rights laws to refer to in your letter and if necessary you can take your claim to small claims court.

Then when it's all over leave another review on TrustPilot.

Consumer rights law is on your side so good luck and I hope you get the right result in the end.

There's also no way for Royal Mail to prove they have delivered it either.

GPS data is not conclusive!

It cannot say conclusively that the parcel was put through your letterbox. It cannot say the item wasn't delivered to a near neighbour who chose to be dishonest and keep it. Neither can it say that the postie didn't just scan it outside your door and decide to then steal it or just leave it outside your door for someone else to steal.

Which will tell you the appropriate consumer rights laws to refer to in your letter and if necessary you can take your claim to small claims court.

Then when it's all over leave another review on TrustPilot.

Consumer rights law is on your side so good luck and I hope you get the right result in the end.
Thank you will give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom