What's new

So.....biscuits and pastry flavours?

adm

Postman
I am looking to add some flavourings for pastry and biscuit type things and am interested in what you lot would recommend to buy.

There are a couple of flavour profiles I am interested in. One is sweet flaky pastry - in particular the pastry on the Portuguese egg custard tarts "Pasteis de Nata". The second one is a sort of sweet cheesecake/pie base that in the kitchen I would make from digestive biscuits and butter. Very similar to the biscuity tase I get from Dinner Lady's "Lemon Tart".

Any thoughts on flavours to buy or avoid?

Biscuits..........

Capella Silverline Biscuit
Inawera Biscuit
Capella Cereal 27
TFA Graham Crust
TFA Graham Cracker Clear
Inawera Cheesecake
Capella New York Cheesecake
Flavorah Biscotti

Pastry...........

I'll leave to someone else!

Inawera biscuit and flavour art cookie (biscotti) are the two I use. Both are good, similar but with their own characteristics. I maybe favour the FA.

No idea about pastry, all the ones I’ve tried taste like damp cardboard to me.

TFA Pie Crust
CAP Sugar Cookie
TFA Cinnamon Danish
TFA Graham Cracker (Clear)
TFA Apple Pie
are all ok in recipes. INA Biscuit is prob the best but I've found you need a mix of a few to get a good flavour.

Thanks all, looks like I will be sorted for biscuit, but a good flaky pastry flavour may be another matter!

That TFA pie crust seems to be in most of the Pasteis de Nata recipes I have seen so far. But then again it also seems to have the "may cause cancer" warnings too.....

Back
Top Bottom