What's new

Thinking of trying an RTA for the first time

I'll vote for coilology Coil set. It has coils from simple fused claptons to chain link and Juggernauts. It can be picked up for between £6 and £15. They are a tight fit in the blotto, but work great.
I'll also vote for the Dpro as a flavour machine. It's close to the Asgard in that respect.

I'll vote for coilology Coil set. It has coils from simple fused claptons to chain link and Juggernauts. It can be picked up for between £6 and £15. They are a tight fit in the blotto, but work great.
I'll also vote for the Dpro as a flavour machine. It's close to the Asgard in that respect.

Much obliged. That's one of the things I'm going to try is one of those selection boxes. To begin with I'm going to start out using the coils that come with the tank and trying the same build I've seen used by people on the video reviews of the Blotto tank. Hopefully that will give me the best chance of getting the best result on my first build.

Just bought the variety pack of coils from Ecigone for £5.99 on offer. Looks a decent set with lots of different types of coils.

Just bought the variety pack of coils from Ecigone for £5.99 on offer. Looks a decent set with lots of different types of coils.

Mine were struggling a bit flavour wise with the triple core fused so I would be interested with how you get on with them, haven't tried any of the others yet and it was a new RDA so it night have just been my build. Was surprised at how good the included cotton is though.

I will give it a go when they turn up and see how i find it. Looks to be a good assortment of coils in it tho. Good value i thought

I was smoking roll ups which wasn't all that healthy for either me or my 3 cats. Having been a smoker, vaping has actually been much better. I don't get as out of breath when I do my work outs.

I'm sure plenty of people have said not to start vaping if you didn't already smoke but I'm not going to get all preachy with you since we all made our own choices to start in the first place. What I would say is, if you definitely want to keep vaping then stay with vaping and try not to let it become a way into smoking. Both your health and your wallet will thank you for it in the long run.

I've never tried a squonk mod. TBH I've got two good mods so I wouldn't spend out big chunnks of money just to buy a different mod to do the same thing. The Blotto tank comes with a 6ml glass which is big enough for my needs. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Hi Marylin i have had to stop vaping as my throat has not got any better sadly and i have a cough i was starting producing really big clouds which was amazing i and was enjoying the vaping experience and the forum very much i will have a rest for a few weeks and try again and not do it as much and hopefully i will be able to carry on but if not then i will have to stop
But like you said before about me starting vaping people have tryed to say dont start and why do you want to outhers have said well try it the choice is yours i am glad that i have tryed it and do wish to continue but if my body is not up to it then i will not be able to continue
Best wishes Paul

Hi Marylin i have had to stop vaping as my throat has not got any better sadly and i have a cough i was starting producing really big clouds which was amazing i and was enjoying the vaping experience and the forum very much i will have a rest for a few weeks and try again and not do it as much and hopefully i will be able to carry on but if not then i will have to stop
But like you said before about me starting vaping people have tryed to say dont start and why do you want to outhers have said well try it the choice is yours i am glad that i have tryed it and do wish to continue but if my body is not up to it then i will not be able to continue
Best wishes Paul

Yes you are definitely right to stop Paul. If your body is refusing to get better then normally that means it's trying to tell you something important that you need to listen to.

All the best and I hope you get better soon.

MarylinC

Well guys.

I decided to go for the blotto afterall because I felt I should be OK, even as a first RTA, and I'm up and running.

I got the tank from Ubervape and bought a load of Coilogy coils from SR-Vapes which both arrived the next day so a little shout out to them.

At the moment I've got a single 3mm framed staple in it which is 0.2ohm and the flavour is out of this world. I'm vaping it at 85W and it's chucking out so much flavour it's incredible. I've never vaped anything like it.

I'd have preferred dual coil but the resistance came out at .07ohm which is too low for my mod. I cut the legs at 4.5mm so perhaps 5mm might have helped increase the resistance enough to keep it above .1ohm. With just one 3mm coil there's not really enough cotton to fill the space as well as I'd like and I need to sort that out as it leaked everywhere on my first try. I re-wicked it and it's a bit better now but I might change the coil and try a pair of 0.3ohm framed staples which hopefully will end up between 0.12 - 0.15 and give me enough cotton to avoid any leaking.

As today is my first ever day building an RTA I'm very happy with the result so far and I'm sure I'll get it perfected soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom