What's new

Does anyone use this wicking technique?

Hedders

Postman
Since i started wicking for some reason i defaulted to building a 'size 30' coil and i never really ended up with a good result, i was having to rewick too often and getting dry hits as the cotton wasn't wicking as consistently as it should. Basically it was all a bit hit and miss.

I have just started building 'size 40' coils instead and feeding the wick back through on itself like this:
IMG_1210.JPG

After doing a bit of raking , about 50% goes into each juice channel and the rest gets cut a bit shorter

IMG_1213.JPG

Then i just juice the hell out of the rest of it:

IMG_1214.JPG

It seems to work like an absolute charm. it wicks up brilliantly and i only need to change it after about two weeks..it just seems to not get all gummy/burned like i am used too..

So, is this a popular method I have just stumbled across?

ETA: jeez, i should have cleaned my kit..the photo's really show up what a slob i am :)

I may have wrapped that coil one too many times as it didnt wick as well as my last one..Or maybe i just got lucky on the first bloody one :)

It also need a fair bit of raking through to thin the bit out that goes into the juice channel!

I think most people underwick, I usually wick tight enough to squeak/borderline distort the coil, never, ever, EVER get dry hits in 4 years of RTA vaping. I'd say this wicking simply makes sure you have enough wick.

The dam wicking method, is that where the cotton sits on top of the juice ports, rather than in them? It's been recommended for mesh, so one can vape at a slightly higher wattage and get a warm vape.

Back
Top Bottom