What's new

New Blotto RTA purchase

MrBee77

Initiate
Hi all.
Recently purchased a blotto RTA. Any advice or things I should be aware of? Good or bad?
TIA

Hi all.
Recently purchased a blotto RTA. Any advice or things I should be aware of? Good or bad?
TIA
It's thirsty, you'll find. though tight, it's a pleasure to build no. Though I've had no problems fitting 3mm coils, it's probably not a beginners task.
Wicking is simple, but do make sure you fill but not stuff the juice wells.
It's a tight, ish, draw, so doesn't suite some, but gives glorious flavour.

my only real gripes are:
The AFC can be a sod to adjust, on some mods.
The threads between build deck and chimney are somewhat less than silky

my other gripes are aesthetic. It's too tall and chunky with its standard glass. But with the bubble glass it looks kinda comical, on many mods.

First tip: Fit the bubble glass. You will regret not fitting it after your first fill with the standard glass.
Second tip: The bottle opener included, has a small notched hole in it, use this to pop the coil in, and it allows you to trim the legs to the required length.
Third tip: As already mentioned, Don't over-stuff the wicking channels. As long as you can get the tip of the tweezers past the inside ring of the wicking channel without forcing it, then its a job done.

Fourth tip: Every now and again, pop a swab of kitchen roll through the mouthpiece. Vapour can pool here if in constant use, not an issue, but if you are OCD like me, a coloured liquid will show up the collected vapour rather easily :18:

Just started using my new Blotto today. My first ever rebuildable of any kind.

Flavour is mind blowing, although I'm sure this is going to really get through juice quickly. Not such a biggy now I'm mixing my own diy liquids for around £4.80 for a 60ml bottle and the 6ml bubble glass means I get a few hours between fills.

I did enough research on how to build it properly so I'm sure it won't take long before I get that down pat. It's a bit leaky at the mo when I fill it even though I closed the air vent before removing the cap but it stopped leaking straight away once the vacuum was restored. Hopefully I'll figure out how to remedy that quick enough.

Follow @richierich tips and you'll be fine. The Blotto is the most forgiving RTA to build on that I've found, and the flavour is superb. I really don't use any other rebuildable now. I use round wire 3mm ID coils which fit fine, although they do restrict the airflow more than 2.5mm coils.

Flavour is mind blowing, although I'm sure this is going to really get through juice quickly. Not such a biggy now I'm mixing my own diy liquids for around £4.80 for a 60ml bottle and the 6ml bubble glass means I get a few hours between fills.

I did enough research on how to build it properly so I'm sure it won't take long before I get that down pat. It's a bit leaky at the mo when I fill it even though I closed the air vent before removing the cap but it stopped leaking straight away once the vacuum was restored. Hopefully I'll figure out how to remedy that quick enough.
I have the weepy AFC too. I now wet the cotton before dropping it into the wells. Though I'm told a dam wicking works well.

I've got a fence wire build of 21g NI80 3mm round wire @.1 ohm in there atm. And it's got bags of cloud and flavour. Next build is the same, but with a BroChrome. Just as a direct comparison. But boy is it a drinker.

This is likely not enough cotton in the wicking ports. If its too loose, it will not provide a block for the weight of the juice behind it.

I have the weepy AFC too. I now wet the cotton before dropping it into the wells. Though I'm told a dam wicking works well.

I've got a fence wire build of 21g NI80 3mm round wire @.1 ohm in there atm. And it's got bags of cloud and flavour. Next build is the same, but with a BroChrome. Just as a direct comparison. But boy is it a drinker.

As I'd never built a deck before yesterday, I chose to start with pre-wrapped coils which I felt would make things easier in the beginning. I can't see any pre-wrapped coils on the market larger than 3mm ID and I don't think using a single 3mm coil allows enough cotton to fill the channel sufficiently so I'm going to try re-doing it with two coils.

I bought a pack of Coilogy 0.2ohm Ni80 framed staples but in dual coil the resistance on my mod came down to .07ohm which was too low as my mod won't fire below 0.1ohm. That's why I took out one of the coils. Fortunately, I also bought the Coilogy selection pack and all the coils are around 0.3ohm so even in dual coil it should work for my mod.

LITTLE EDIT: I did prime the build with juice before screwing the tank back together as I'd seen in the build videos.

Last edited:
This is likely not enough cotton in the wicking ports. If its too loose, it will not provide a block for the weight of the juice behind it.

Ha! ~ I was obviously typing as you posted but yes, you are right. With a single 3mm coil I got the cotton as tight as I dared through the coil to try and have enough but it was still looser than it really needed to be but when I rebuild it hopefully I'll cure that.

Back
Top Bottom