What's new

Thinking of trying an RTA for the first time

MarylinC37

Achiever
Hi peeps,

I’m considering trying out an RTA for the first time and would be grateful for some advice or recommendations.

I’ve always used stock coils up to now and have never tried a rebuildable. I’m not interested in drippers but instead prefer tanks.

I’ve been doing lots of reading and the tank I like the look of is the Dovpo Blotto.

I’m a sub-ohmer so I need some advice about pre-wrapped coils. I’m looking for a warm vape, maybe a dual coil setup, maybe Kanthal coils but something fairly quick firing that I can vape at maybe 80 - 100W.

Having never tried wrapping my own coils I think starting with pre-wrapped coils would be the right thing to start with.

I like the look of the Wick'N'Vape Cotton Bacon Prime but what would be the best pre-wrapped coils to get which would give me a good result and be able to work in the Blotto?

Also what are the best places to buy my coils and cotton from?

Thanks for your help.

for coils look at coilology, fused claptons, aliens...
For tank I would start easy, the blotto is not a beginner tank in my opinion. I would look at a top airflow tank first to reduce leaking risk. I gave up on dual coil rta's and settled for a wotofo serpent elevate, 40-50w .. more than enough for me. I am a bit behind on rta's so will leave other to advise. As this is your first I would look at something easy to build

Hi peeps,

I’m considering trying out an RTA for the first time and would be grateful for some advice or recommendations.

I’ve always used stock coils up to now and have never tried a rebuildable. I’m not interested in drippers but instead prefer tanks.

I’ve been doing lots of reading and the tank I like the look of is the Dovpo Blotto.

I’m a sub-ohmer so I need some advice about pre-wrapped coils. I’m looking for a warm vape, maybe a dual coil setup, maybe Kanthal coils but something fairly quick firing that I can vape at maybe 80 - 100W.

Having never tried wrapping my own coils I think starting with pre-wrapped coils would be the right thing to start with.

I like the look of the Wick'N'Vape Cotton Bacon Prime but what would be the best pre-wrapped coils to get which would give me a good result and be able to work in the Blotto?

Also what are the best places to buy my coils and cotton from?

Thanks for your help.
Hi Marylin i am new to vaping never smoked before i have a sub ohm and am looking to try and build my own mod for cloud chasing as you are i am going to use the net and phone a few shopes the best shop i have found for me and the most helpful is vape mate thats where i got my mod from i also got 100%vg from vape green which creates a lushus big thick cloud some shops where not that interested as i had never been a smoker before if you find any info please let me know
Best wishes Paul

Hi Marylin i am new to vaping never smoked before i have a sub ohm and am looking to try and build my own mod for cloud chasing as you are i am going to use the net and phone a few shopes the best shop i have found for me and the most helpful is vape mate thats where i got my mod from i also got 100%vg from vape green which creates a lushus big thick cloud some shops where not that interested as i had never been a smoker before if you find any info please let me know
Best wishes Paul

Hi Paul

I've been vaping for about 7 years. The first thing I would say is concentrate more on flavour than clouds. Although plenty of people love cloud chasing, nobody wants to vape horrible liquid. Clouds are useless if the taste is rank. Personally, I wouldn't go for 100% VG liquid. Most people who sub ohm tend to use liquids which have a 70VG/30PG ratio and around 1.5 or 3 percent nicotine, or you can vape zero nicotine if you prefer that.

Although I havent tried a rebuildable yet, I love sub ohm vaping and currently use the Freemax Mesh Pro tank with their double kanthal coils vaping at 75W which gives brilliant flavour as well as plenty of clouds.

I'm going to get the Dovpo Blotto which is an RTA which stands for rebuildable tank atomiser. Even though it isn't a beginners tank I'm a researcher and have done tons of reading and watched tons of videos about building and maintaining my own wicks and coils so I'm confident I won't have any problems.

I've recently started mixing my own eliquid recipes and am experimenting with flavours a lot so I need to be able to change the cotton regularly without paying 3 or 4 £ a time for new Freemax coils which an RTA will enable me to do. It should also give me even better flavour which is the most important thing.

If you need any other advice just ask. If I can't help there's plenty of great people on here who I'm sure will be happy to, and who know far more than I do.

although there are rta's with good flavour, the freemax is hard to beat and the best flavour you will get is from an rda. there are a ton of rda's out there and not all are good but you will find here all the classics that will never disappoint.

for me the old Drop rda is more than enough , bud properly the flavour is insane but there are even better ones.

although there are rta's with good flavour, the freemax is hard to beat and the best flavour you will get is from an rda. there are a ton of rda's out there and not all are good but you will find here all the classics that will never disappoint.

I really just prefer a tank rather than having to keep dripping juice all the time. Having done lots of research, what I've seen suggests the Blotto matches most RDA's for flavour, provided you wick it right. Even if it can't beat a dripper it should still be more than good enough for me, with the added convenience of a tank into the bargain.

Hi Paul

I've been vaping for about 7 years. The first thing I would say is concentrate more on flavour than clouds. Although plenty of people love cloud chasing, nobody wants to vape horrible liquid. Clouds are useless if the taste is rank. Personally, I wouldn't go for 100% VG liquid. Most people who sub ohm tend to use liquids which have a 70VG/30PG ratio and around 1.5 or 3 percent nicotine, or you can vape zero nicotine if you prefer that.

Although I havent tried a rebuildable yet, I love sub ohm vaping and currently use the Freemax Mesh Pro tank with their double kanthal coils vaping at 75W which gives brilliant flavour as well as plenty of clouds.

I'm going to get the Dovpo Blotto which is an RTA which stands for rebuildable tank atomiser. Even though it isn't a beginners tank I'm a researcher and have done tons of reading and watched tons of videos about building and maintaining my own wicks and coils so I'm confident I won't have any problems.

I've recently started mixing my own eliquid recipes and am experimenting with flavours a lot so I need to be able to change the cotton regularly without paying 3 or 4 £ a time for new Freemax coils which an RTA will enable me to do. It should also give me even better flavour which is the most important thing.

If you need any other advice just ask. If I can't help there's plenty of great people on here who I'm sure will be happy to, and who know far more than I do.
Hi Marylin thank you for your reply you have been vaping for 7 years wow i have only been vaping for a week do you think it has has given you any health problems it has given me a bit of a scratchy throat but it is starting to go now thankfully as i dont want to stop, it may be that i have never smoked before and my throat and lungs need to get used to vaping
What made you want to start vaping
Best wishes Paul

I really just prefer a tank rather than having to keep dripping juice all the time. Having done lots of research, what I've seen suggests the Blotto matches most RDA's for flavour, provided you wick it right. Even if it can't beat a dripper it should still be more than good enough for me, with the added convenience of a tank into the bargain.

How about a mod with Squonk capability? Then you can use a regular RDA and not need to keep dripping it all the time.

I have the Aegis Squonk Mod, and arriving tomorrow is a Twisted Messes / Ohm boy "Dang!" RDA and a mixed pack of Coilology coils to experiment with....

Hi Marylin thank you for your reply you have been vaping for 7 years wow i have only been vaping for a week do you think it has has given you any health problems it has given me a bit of a scratchy throat but it is starting to go now thankfully as i dont want to stop, it may be that i have never smoked before and my throat and lungs need to get used to vaping
What made you want to start vaping
Best wishes Paul

I was smoking roll ups which wasn't all that healthy for either me or my 3 cats. Having been a smoker, vaping has actually been much better. I don't get as out of breath when I do my work outs.

I'm sure plenty of people have said not to start vaping if you didn't already smoke but I'm not going to get all preachy with you since we all made our own choices to start in the first place. What I would say is, if you definitely want to keep vaping then stay with vaping and try not to let it become a way into smoking. Both your health and your wallet will thank you for it in the long run.

How about a mod with Squonk capability? Then you can use a regular RDA and not need to keep dripping it all the time.

I have the Aegis Squonk Mod, and arriving tomorrow is a Twisted Messes / Ohm boy "Dang!" RDA and a mixed pack of Coilology coils to experiment with....

I've never tried a squonk mod. TBH I've got two good mods so I wouldn't spend out big chunnks of money just to buy a different mod to do the same thing. The Blotto tank comes with a 6ml glass which is big enough for my needs. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back
Top Bottom