What's new

A guide on calculating amp load using a regulated mod.

Ben @fogstar has helpfully put a calculator on their site

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/collections/regulated-calculator

That is really handy, and also good that it seems to err on the side of caution, with cutoff seemingly set at just under 3V per cell. Some mods do cutoff lower than this, but an average is 3.1 or 3.2V per cell so the added headroom is a good safety buffer.

I think it is important that everyone enjoys vaping, and also stays safe while doing so. The fogstar calculator is simpler for everyone than the steam engine one- it can be confusing where to set voltage on the steam engine version unless you are familiar with it.

That is really handy, and also good that it seems to err on the side of caution, with cutoff seemingly set at just under 3V per cell. Some mods do cutoff lower than this, but an average is 3.1 or 3.2V per cell so the added headroom is a good safety buffer.

I think it is important that everyone enjoys vaping, and also stays safe while doing so. The fogstar calculator is simpler for everyone than the steam engine one- it can be confusing where to set voltage on the steam engine version unless you are familiar with it.

Yep. Good innit? He’s alright that Ben lad [emoji6][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji23]

Yep. Good innit? He’s alright that Ben lad [emoji6][emoji106][emoji2532][emoji23]

Great guy.

I ordered some new Sony VTC5A's that come the other day- and there was a single cell charger included! I spoke to Fogstar and they explained they now come with all orders to comply with regulations.

For a new vaper though, having a free external charger included is great. Their mod might not offer onboard charging, or the onboard charging may not be the best, so including one at no extra cost is great value.

Brilliant post! Never really had a full understanding of this topic but now have the tools to ensure I'm operating my mods safely, cheers!

Great guy.

I ordered some new Sony VTC5A's that come the other day- and there was a single cell charger included! I spoke to Fogstar and they explained they now come with all orders to comply with regulations.

For a new vaper though, having a free external charger included is great. Their mod might not offer onboard charging, or the onboard charging may not be the best, so including one at no extra cost is great value.

Fogstar are an outstanding company. Every purchase I've made there they have always thrown in a little 'bonus', be it a few extra battery wraps, battery cases, etc. Knowing you will the the correct product, well packaged, you can sense these folks take pride in their company and products.

Fogstar are an outstanding company. Every purchase I've made there they have always thrown in a little 'bonus', be it a few extra battery wraps, battery cases, etc. Knowing you will the the correct product, well packaged, you can sense these folks take pride in their company and products.

I can second this. Also they have some pretty cool wrap designs which if you have a see through mod look pretty sick. My personal favourite is the candy skulls :P

I can second this. Also they have some pretty cool wrap designs which if you have a see through mod look pretty sick. My personal favourite is the candy skulls :P
I will third this. Have used them for quite a while now and can't fault them. Great service and good prices. Have ordered wholesale from them in the past and wow their prices were incredible.

Been a really interesting read going thru the thread. There are a lot of people that do not understand the importance of battery safety when it comes to both regulated and unregulated mods. Glad to see its being discussed here in detail.

Back
Top Bottom