Innokin
What's new

Review MANABUSH - TRIBUTE RANGE

eyeball kid

Legend
Big-Poster-1000.jpg

This is the greatest and best juice in the world, Tribute.
long time ago my brother ZT was hitchhiking down a long and lonesome road.
All of a sudden there shined a shiny demon, in the middle of the road.
He said " make the best juice in the world.. Or I'll eat your soul"
ZT thought about it and then said.. Ok.

What's this all about then eyeball.
Well. Many of you will already be fans of Manabush and in case you've forgotten, the nokomis range was the first collection of e liquid from Manabush and the idea was a range of liquids that blend a tobacco base with dessert flavours. A more diverse range built around the ry4 principle of tobacco tasting far better by adding flavours you'd normally taste as complex notes in a quality tobacco. Caramels, maple, biscuits,vanilla, custard and nuts (among others) to complement the tobacco flavour at the base of the liquid.

The two liquids that lay at the base of the Nokomis range are Nokomis a light tobacco, biscuit and maple syrup blend and pow wow sauce which has the tobacco blended with a vanilla custard smooth enough to be heavenly but not so sweet and overpowering that it pummel's your taste buds. By far the most famous liquid is the award winning Chiricahua sun which packs in an incredible nut punch into the Tobbaco dessert mix.

Unfortunately due to circumstances out of Manabush 's control they had to reformulate the base flavour a while back and although I think a fine job was done, He was never completely satisfied with the results and even I have to say that Chiricahua sun became quite a different liquid.

Now many of us have found the reformulation has either not really changed much or improved some of our favourite flavours so instead of changing things again, Manabush have decided to release these three flavours in a new shortfill or shorty format called the Tribute range.
This means they are available in a 60ml bottle (50mls of over flavoured juice that accepts a 10mls nic shot for 3mg juice) or a 30mls bottle 20mls of over flavoured juice that accepts a 10mls nic shot for 6mg juice).
You can either add a 50/50 pg/vg nic shot for a perfect mtl tank vape or add a100%vg nic shot and vape in a sub ohm dtl set up (you dirty animal).
Note: there's also a 30ml option for 12mg vapers. Instructions for this choice can be found when ordering in the drop down menu.

So far these have been very kind in my coils considering The depth of flavours here but like all Manabush, the longer you leave this after adding The nic The deeper and more luxurious it will become. Good luck with that though. It doesn't last that long here.

The beast asked him " Be you an angel"
He said "Nay, I'm a Goth Rocker"

So without further a do. Here's my thoughts.

NOKOMIS AMPED.

Always one of my favourites and the lightest of the range.
This is fantastic. It gives you an idea of what's to come. The tobacco base has been given more depth and bass without adding an overt tobacco flavour. All the nicely balanced sweet (but not too sweet) maple syrupy biscuit tones that identifies Nokomis are all here yet somehow they have more punch. Don't get me wrong it's still a light tobacco dessert flavour and I'd urge anyone looking to try the range to dip into this juice first as I've previously said the other's in the range add into this so it can get lost if you try one of the others first. It's a classy tobacco that should be in everyone's list for an all day vape. For those who were fans of the original Nokomis and felt it lost something in the reformulation I'd urge you to grab some as this shares many elements from the original but turns the volume up.

POW WOW EXTENDED.

Again another liquid that is constantly in a tank in the eyeball house. If you tried the Christmas pow wow juice This will ring some bells. I'm afraid I am repeating myself but again the base is again given more presence. The festive spice from the Christmas pow has been removed in favour of a creamy light custard that creates a beautiful smooth and creamy tobacco. That reaches higher notes than the original. This is a favourite and like Nokomis I prefer this over the standard blend. A great liquid has just become fantastic. Can't put this down.

CHIRICAHUA RELOADED.

Ooh Now then. This was the first Manabush liquid that caught my attention. I had seen this mentioned countless times in every vape forum listed as the king of ry4. It was almost legendary, I became slightly addicted but as my vape equipment improved I moved away from it as I'd find it too sweet for an all day vape. I kept it for the occasional evening vape.
I revisited Chiricahua after the reformulation and found my tastebuds couldn't make head not tail of the flavours. Completely confused me so it was lost to me forever.
Chiri reloaded brings back that original blend of Maple syrup and nuts with the new heavier base flavour and we are back into original chiri territory but even better news is the sweetness has been revisited and toned down slightly to create a perfect sweet and dry balance.
This liquid blew me away the most. It not only improved on what came before but did so in a way that maintains all the best elements of the original and added something new. Perfectly balanced, complex yet moreish.
This liquid is seriously so good I've spent sixty quid on a new kayfun as I know it will be in constant rotation so needs it's own tank.

Now the juice I've just reviewed, it isn't actually the juice made that fateful night, This juice is just a Tribute. But a damned fine one.
Fliga fligau.

I know this has been both a project of passion and pride for ZT and he has literally spent year's formulating these fine liquids so all I can say is, well done mate. Nailed it.

WP_20200222_21_12_10_Pro.jpg

For the record. I was lucky enough to get to taste these liquids in advance so a huge thank you to @ZT but this review is based on the range I bought and paid for myself.

Buy some now here.
https://manabush.com/collections/tribute
Seriously don't even think about it, just order.

Last edited:
Vape Superstore
Nice one eyeball. Your review does justice to the range. Like the back story too.

Vape Green
Great review and your passion for the house of Manabush shines through. I’ve only tested the Chiri so far, due to work and it’s lovely. Funnily enough, I’ve been looking at getting a new Kayfun for the purposes of this juice. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Always a great read. [emoji106]

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Was a big nokomis original fan but did not take to the reformation I just did not like cigar type base..
Is nokomis Amped a different tobacco base?.

Was a big nokomis original fan but did not take to the reformation I just did not like cigar type base..
Is nokomis Amped a different tobacco base?.
Yes it's far closer (to my tastebuds) to the original base but adds more flavour and as I've said it's hard to explain but it seems to add more substance to the base.
I can say that when trying these there where some old nokomis fans who'd not liked it after the reformulation who now are very much back on-board.
I'd recommend giving it a try for sure.

AcmeFog
Yes it's far closer (to my tastebuds) to the original base but adds more flavour and as I've said it's hard to explain but it seems to add more substance to the base.
I can say that when trying these there where some old nokomis fans who'd not liked it after the reformulation who now are very much back on-board.
I'd recommend giving it a try for sure.
Right you are..will give it a go then..thanks

Vape Club
Back
Top Bottom