What's new

Help me with a tobacco/bourbon type juice please....

adm

Postman
All,

So I want to make a nice rich juice with the flavour profile of Bourbon whiskey, dark tobacco and then some other flavours to round it out. Kind of a smoky late night down south US/South American vibe, sitting on a rocking chair playing blues guitar, smoking stogies and drinking whiskey!

Here's the flavours I have on hand:

Blood Orange (Flavorah)
Philippine Mango (Perfumers Apprentice)
Italian Lemon Sicily (Capella)
Salted Caramel (FW)
Kentucky Bourbon (FA)
Vanilla Tahiti (DS)
Toasted Almond (FA)
Cubano Type (FA)
Sweetener (FA)

I'd love any ideas you might have on what to do with some of these (preferably in percentages). I am thinking mainly the Bourbon, a bit of the Cuban, a little salted caramel and then maybe hints of vanilla, toasted almonds and maybe a little sweetener. Probalbly staying away from the fruits, but maybe a little orange would bring out that "Old Fashioned" cocktail flavour?

I think roasted pineapple would go well, but don't have anything like that yet....or maybe that would work better with a rum type base.

Anyway, thoughts on a postcard please to the usual address.....

Many thanks in advance

Well, I mixed up a first go at this this morning. It's now steeping for a week or two before I try it. It smelled pretty decent, but who knows how it will turn out.

The recipe I used for 60ml with 3ml Nic at 70/30 VG/PG was:

Cubano Type (PA) 5%
Kentucky Bourbon (PA) 5%
Salted Caramel (FW) 3%
Toasted Almond (PA) 2%
Vanilla Tahiti (Flavour Art) 2%
Sweetener (PA) 1%

Topped up with 7% PG, 58.3% VG and one 10ml 18mg (70VG/30PG) Nic shot to get to my 60ml total volume.

Fingers crossed.....

Well, couldn't keep my hands off this so I have been having a quick go at it this afternoon. It's really rather nice despite only having steeped for 4 days.

The predominant flavour is the cuban tobacco with a nice warm underlay of the Kentucky Bourbon and salted caramel. I'm sitting here tootling away on it and I can pretty much make out all the individual flavours, but they definitely blend together really well.

I would say that the Bourbon doesn't really taste of Bourbon - more of a rum vibe I think, but it's nice. The almond and vanilla are there in the background, but not overpowering.

All in all, I am rather pleased! Definitely along the right lines for what I was looking for. And it should only get better with more time.

It reminds me a bit of the Five Pawns "Black Flag Risen" which I am a fan of - but with the Bourbon substituting for the coffee.

Hi mate. I chased a Bourbon type flavour in various mixes and even though one would smell like one, most didn't, it never transferred to a bourbon taste in the actual vape. I gave up.
Good luck finding one.

Hi mate. I chased a Bourbon type flavour in various mixes and even though one would smell like one, most didn't, it never transferred to a bourbon taste in the actual vape. I gave up.
Good luck finding one.

Cheers for that. I think you are right and that it's probably impossible to get what I really want due to the nature of the flavinoids in Bourbon and the low temperatures that they exhibit at - plus the alcohol component itself which won't work well at all well with vaping.

However, I can always have a nice glass of Bourbon with a complimentary vape - so it's fun to chase!

Cheers for that. I think you are right and that it's probably impossible to get what I really want due to the nature of the flavinoids in Bourbon and the low temperatures that they exhibit at - plus the alcohol component itself which won't work well at all well with vaping.

However, I can always have a nice glass of Bourbon with a complimentary vape - so it's fun to chase!
In that way yeah it would be.
I remember trying TFA bourbon and in a vape it tasted like grape. :18:
I had high hopes for Real Flavours one because it smells like bourbon and has out of the bottle a real boozines about it.
But not in the vape. I still have about 20ml of it left and smelling it just now youd think you were sniffing some. I now and then use several drops in lemonade as it tastes ok that way. So at least it wasn't a total waste.
Here's hoping for you that you finally nail it. :thumbup:

It might be worth your while asking @ZT @manabush, purveyor of some of the finest bourbon vapes available to humanity. Obviously he won’t give up the farm and nor should he, but he might be able to nudge you toward the direction in which you desire to travel.

It might be worth your while asking @ZT @manabush, purveyor of some of the finest bourbon vapes available to humanity. Obviously he won’t give up the farm and nor should he, but he might be able to nudge you toward the direction in which you desire to travel.

:-) Thanks for that!

:-) Thanks for that!
I can only help you mildly actually.

I can’t answer your question per se - our oak aged bourbon concentrate is especially made directly for us and I’m not telling you by who (even if I did you would need to order a minimum of 5ltrs anyway). But I can however send you some of it to play with - we need to order some more in at the mo - but as soon as it’s here I can send you a sample down?
Its way better than any off the shelf stuff (and believe me we tried them all when developing firewater) hence why we had it made.

Back
Top Bottom