Innokin
What's new

New RTA... To mesh or not to mesh, newbie

canada16

Postman
Hey all
I currently have a Merlin mini tank, it was my first intro into rebuilding my own coils.

I actually buy pre-made coils, so dont build my own.

I am not a huge fan of the taste of the merlin, its very muted.

I have tried lowering and raising the coil, but it still has the same taste.

Obviously I am still new to RBA and need something that a beginner can use.

I have seen the mesh ones and they look cool, are they a lot better than standard RBA tanks?

I have a Freemax mesh Pro, and was hoping I could get the same flavour from my RBA that I can from my Freemax

Whats your thoughts on a Nice easy tank with great flavours.

Not worried about costs if its an amazing tank that ticks all the boxes.

Thanks all

Elux
You'll get close, even to par, with the Profile 1.5, against the Freemax mesh pro, on flavour.
What you won't do, is learn to build and coil.
Something like a Reberth Or the Dead Rabbit V2, give the Profile a good run for its money. And you learn to build, too.
My advice is buy the Profile and one of the others. Enjoy full flavour while you learn, so to speak.

Think you're after a RTA and not a dripper? If so mesh wise you would probably be best off with the Profile Unity, but I was never that big of a fan of it. If you're after a dripper the original Profile is on par if not better than the 1.5, top airflow slots on the 1.5 sit above the mesh so diminish the flavour, really weird design choice.

I would probably go for a dual coil RTA, most likely the Dovpo Blotto, Geekvape Zeus X or the Augvape Intake Dual as they are all decent and will let you know if you're into that thing without dropping money on something high end right off the bat.

*Most important thing for good flavour is to get good coils, get hold of some Ni80 or stainless steel Framed Staple Staggered Fused Clapton's or a spool of double/triple core fused clapton. Coilology, Wotofo etc do multipacks of coils so you can try different ones, spotted the coilology 7 pack on offer at sr-vapes yesterday for £6.

Last edited:
AcmeFog
Thanks both.
I have no interest in building coils when its cheap to get them built already and they last ages, its not worth the time.

Yes sorry I want a RTA

I just was not sure if Mesh tanks are hard to put together, or the same as a dual coil RTA.

Will change the topic header

Thanks both.
I have no interest in building coils when its cheap to get them built already and they last ages, its not worth the time.

Yes sorry I want a RTA

I just was not sure if Mesh tanks are hard to put together, or the same as a dual coil RTA.

Will change the topic header

No problem mate :) mesh are probably easier to instal the actual mesh part compared to installing a coil, just have to be a little gentle with it so it doesn't buckle as you want it to be perfectly round, they put tools in with the tanks to bend the mesh perfectly. Wicking it spot on can take a fair bit more practice with mesh but once you get the feel for it it's pretty easy. Helpful thread below if you do pick up a Unity.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s/how-i-wick-the-wotofo-profile-unity.180184/

Royal Flush Vape
No problem mate :) mesh are probably easier to instal the actual mesh part compared to installing a coil, just have to be a little gentle with it so it doesn't buckle as you want it to be perfectly round, they put tools in with the tanks to bend the mesh perfectly. Wicking it spot on can take a fair bit more practice with mesh but once you get the feel for it it's pretty easy. Helpful thread below if you do pick up a Unity.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...s/how-i-wick-the-wotofo-profile-unity.180184/

Can you use shoestring cotton as thats all I have.
I dont really fancy touching cotton, I have a real issue with it on my hands. Im very weird when it comes to the feel of cotton, it goes right through me.

That Unity looks like it fits the bill.

Thanks

One thing to remember @canada16 is if you have the Freemax Mesh Pro you are not going to beat it for flavour with anything you buy, it is with a couple of others about the best flavour tank on the market.
The Profile Unity is good and you can use shoestring cotton, either 6 mm or 3 or 4 3 mm pieces. Hope it helps.

Vape Green
Thanks Martvb60 I am not expecting a 100% same flavour, but the merlin is very weak.
Its easy to use, but not the best buy I think

I don't know the MM, But I assume it says it on the shoestring pack, I never looked at the thickness to be honest.

Is Nexmesh 0.13ohm for 5.00 for 10 a good buy or is there better mesh coils out there.
I like a high wattage.

Last edited:
Mesh does give a good flavour, but need wicking correctly otherwise you will end up with dry/burnt hits. The cotton needs to be 100% coverage of the mesh strip to guarantee no issues.

If you side away from mesh, the Blotto mentioned is a fantastic tank. Can be set up dual or single coil, and is a great vape, but its a restricted DTL. I have a Zeus X in the classifieds if you fancy a dual-coiler.

Vape Superstore
I've been doing a juice review so I also took the opportunity to compare flavour setups, Profile Mesh RTA is the best I have tried so far but still nowhere near the flavour other tanks deliver, to the point where a few of the juices I tried didn't taste too good, tried them in the Freemax Mesh Pro triple mesh and the Smok TFV8 Baby V2 with an S2 coil and the flavours came alive.

The biggest surprise came from the single coil Oumier Wasp Nano RTA vs Profile Unity, I have no way of being exact but the flavour was at least a 3rd better using the same juice.

The Oumier Wasp Nano RTA is a superb RTA and a perfect starter tank, very easy to build and wick, cheap and superb flavour, ready made coils are all I use on this.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/rba/oumier-wasp-nano-rta.html

But to answer your original question; To Mesh or Not To Mesh - NOT.

Back
Top Bottom