Vape Club
What's new

Specification of CBD Vape Juice

adm

Postman
All,

First post, so please be gentle.....

I am about to start mixing my own CBD vape juice in the near future, but before I do, I want to try to understand the commercial offerings a little better.

The key question, is are these specified in the same way across brands - and is there a legal requirement? So for example, I see vape juice in shops marked as "100", "500", "1000" etc....but bottle sizes are different and prices range incredibly, so it leads me to believe that there is inconsistency.

My understanding is that these specifications "should" be in mg per 10ml of juice. Is that correct? If so, then a 10ml bottle of "1000" CBD oil should contain 1g of pure CBD or have 10% CBD content.

So is this really the case - or is there latitude - or just no regulation? i.e. an unscrupulous vendor could sell a "1000" grade juice, but specify is at 1000mg per 50ml of juice - yielding a 2% juice in reality.

Anyway, that's what I kind of want to understand!

As to my plans for creating CBD juice I am going to use CBD Isolate in a 50/50 PG/VG base. Not sure about flavour yet, but we will see where we go!

Royal Flush Vape
From what I hear this is largely irrelevant. Looks like all cannabinoids will vanish from the shelves, in the comparatively near future. They will return fully regulated. And one assumes, taxed, too.
Not before time, either. There are a few good quality CBD companies. But they are swamped by junk from cowboys.

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum :) you are pretty much spot on with what you said. The regulation on CBD is very lax at the moment but the FSA are on top of it as they found a lot of products lying on their packaging about CBD amounts etc.

From what I hear this is largely irrelevant. Looks like all cannabinoids will vanish from the shelves, in the comparatively near future. They will return fully regulated. And one assumes, taxed, too.
Not before time, either. There are a few good quality CBD companies. But they are swamped by junk from cowboys.

The FSA issued the below a week ago for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
  • Businesses need to submit, and have fully validated, novel food authorisation applications by 31 March 2021. After this date, only products for which the FSA has a valid application will be allowed to remain on the market.
  • Local Authorities have been advised that businesses can continue to sell their existing CBD products during this time, provided they are not incorrectly labelled, are not unsafe and do not contain substances that fall under drugs legislation.
  • No new CBD extracts or isolates should be sold until they have the necessary authorisation.
https://www.food.gov.uk/business-guidance/cannabidiol-cbd

This is fairly straightforward for the legit companies but will be a nightmare for the cowboys, should hopefully get the CBD market streamlined. :)

AcmeFog
Hi guys I usually use CBD oils which are sold as a final product. My friend tried to mix herself a CBD vape juice, but the second day it became cloudy and the particles had settled into the bottom. I think it's better to use a proven product.

Hi guys I usually use CBD oils which are sold as a final product. My friend tried to mix herself a CBD vape juice, but the second day it became cloudy and the particles had settled into the bottom. I think it's better to use a proven product.

Maybe she used too much VG? As I understand it, the CBD can recrystallise if the VG is higher than 50%. My current mix is a little more than 50% PG and no recrystallisation has happened.

Vape Superstore
Yeah sounds like it re-crystalised so she's either made the mixture too concentrated or as @adm said has used too much VG / not let it properly dissolve in the pg beforehand.
The good news is that as it's crystalised it's almost certainly very good quality CBD and is still salvageable, she would just have to figure out why it went wrong and take it up to a 50/50 mix/dilute it a bit more and heat it up. It can be a little harder to desolve the second time so it will probably require a bit more heat (above 160 farenheit). You can do this as many times as required and it will be fine, it can start to develop a bad taste though.

My advice is not to mix CBD oil because it has possible negative effects. I tried many CBD oils but no one had effects and I read that the key is quality. There is a lot of questionable shit being labeled as CBD oil right now. I began to search for quality oil and came across (how not to spam) and I found a lot of tastes. I bought one and tried it and it has different effects than the first oils. Once again I was convinced that quality matters a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vape Green
I think that she used too much VG. Frankly speaking, I was disappointed with these failed experiments and I always bought the final product on our local market. By the way, I gave up smoking for personal reasons of health. But I switched to another one - organic infused gummies. So to speak, I don't torture my lungs, I breathe freely and get satisfaction and pleasant sensation at the same time. Especially for me, it's the best way for getting out of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that she used too much VG. Frankly speaking, I was disappointed with these failed experiments and I always bought the final product on our local market.

I never understood why you need to mix it yourself if you can buy a finished product. Usually I focus on one manufacturer in the territory of the UK - https://greenshoppers.co.uk/reviews/vape-bright-cbd-review/
By the way, they often advise me to quit vape, they scare me with low-quality vape liquids, etc. I do not think that other CBD products will be more effective than vape. You just do not need to buy unverified mixtures over the Internet, focusing only on price.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom