What's new

Review Ohm Boy Vol II - A couple of cracking oneshots

peegore

Postman
Morning all. Added this review to the blog recently, so though I'd cut n paste it here as I thought they were very worthy of sharing.

If you want to read the fully formatted review in all it's colourful loveliness, please do click on the link below. It IS a lovely and informative blog ( in my humble opinion... ;) )

https://peegorevapes.wordpress.com/...rry-orange-blossom-cranberry-apple-raspberry/

_________________________​

Fruit flavour vapes have been my main ‘thing’ for a while now. Yeah I still like my bakery and custard liquids, but a good fruity number is, well, No.1 with me at this point in time.

The Volume II release consists of five fruit blends that epitomise the British summer; Rhubarb Raspberry & Orange Blossom. Cranberry Apple & Raspberry, Valencia Orange & Passion Fruit, Apple Elderflower & Garden Mint and Sweet Water Grape & White Peach.

All sound totally delightful and promise refreshing yet complex fruit vapes. So I grabbed a couple to see if they are as good as they look!

RHUBARB, RASPBERRY & ORANGE BLOSSOM

Mixed at 20% ( suggested 20% ) to make 150ml

Mixed at 75vg / 25pg, 3mg

Steeped for 4 days ( suggested 1-3 days )

Priced at £9.99 for 30ml concentrate at time of review

Goodness me, this is absolutely sublime.

I’ve tried a fair few fruit vapes in my time, but I can’t think of a single one that has been crafted this well. Yeah OK, there was my very recent review for The Boring Vape Company, but I think these edge even them.

Rhubarb is certainly the key flavour in the mix, and it’s a very realistic tart and fruity facsimile of it’s ruby red real world counterpart. It’s not strong enough to pucker the lips and make your eye twitch, but it’s strong enough to give the right impression.

I was expecting Raspberry be a contender for the secondary flavour slot, but no, it’s the soft and lilting Orange Blossom that washes across the pallet intermittently between vapes that makes for an inspired addition. It has a very slight creaminess which I know isn’t part of the favour profile, but it better describes the lack of any citric bite to the orange.

Unusually, the raspberry that is a part of this mix is very low key indeed, serving merely to bind the other two flavours. For me I find this a brilliant use of raspberry, as often it unnecessarily overwhelms in a blend. Not here!

This is just an amazingly fresh, realistic, flavoursome and thoroughly enjoyable recreation of a summertime fruit punch without a hint of any artificial off-notes.

Proper, PROPER impressed Ohm Boy! Probably the best fruit vape I’ve tasted full stop.

CRANBERRY, APPLE & RASPBERRY

Mixed at 20% ( suggested 20% ) to make 150ml

Mixed at 75vg / 25pg, 3mg

Steeped for 4 days ( suggested 1-3 days )

Priced at £9.99 for 30ml concentrate at time of review

Ok, so the first juice from the Ohm Boy range was a resounding double thumbs-up. Could this second one equal or even surpass it?

Ooooh it comes close, but falls slight short of the mark set by that there Rhubarb, Raspberry and Orange Blossom.

I imagined the Cranberry would give us a realistic tartness as the Rhubarb did in the previous one-shot. It certainly has the distinctive Cranberry flavour, but that dry and sour kick you’d associate with this fruit is very reserved. It’s a convincing Cranberry flavour nonetheless.

Giving this berry flavour a run for it’s money is a fresh, crisp and moist apple, and between them taste like a very classic pairing. The raspberry in this is also very sparingly used and helps to just flesh out the fruitiness.

Cranberry, Apple & Raspberry is a simple twist on the ever so common Blackcurrant & Apple drink type vape that can be found on sale everywhere. What it does do is deliver a sophistication that other liquids strive but deliver but usually disappoint.

FINAL THOUGHTS

Ohm Boy. A British company producing some top, top quality fruit drink mixes that I can barely fault.

I just need to get hold of the rest of the range!

Oh, I'll use this post to 'celebrate' the fact that I came 8th in the Ecigclick awards finals for "Best/Writer Blogger"!
wp-1578482550082.png

CHEERS! Peegore

Nice review, I've gone through a couple of bottles of the Rhubarb and it's absolutely gorgeous.

A bit late to the party but a good review and it convinced me to buy the Rhubarb, Raspberry and orange Blossom. Looking forward to trying it. Thanks

I'm hoping so i bought 2 x 30 ml bottles of concentrate. How long to steep?

OK thanks for the reply. Reading Peegore review again he says he steeped for 4 days. I did 12 hours and it is nice, i will come back in 4 days and say if it has improved, i suspect it will have.

OK thanks for the reply. Reading Peegore review again he says he steeped for 4 days. I did 12 hours and it is nice, i will come back in 4 days and say if it has improved, i suspect it will have.
I think I'll go down the one-shot route next time if they turn out ok. Should be a lot cheaper than buying shortfills from a b&m.

Well it is a bit longer than 4 days but i am impressed with this juice, very tasty i would certainly buy some more although i bought 2 X 30 ml of concentrate, well worth buying the concentrate. :2thumbsup:

Well it is a bit longer than 4 days but i am impressed with this juice, very tasty i would certainly buy some more although i bought 2 X 30 ml of concentrate, well worth buying the concentrate. :2thumbsup:
It's lovely isn't it? I also tried the one that has garden mint in it, it's a very accurate flavour and not like sweet mint at all, a very "grown up" flavour.
Anyway thanks for getting back, I'll order a couple of bottles of the Rhubarb and raspberry concentrate [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom