What's new

Phenotype-L 510 pin too short

Andy S

Postman
I've had two Phenotype-L RDAs, one genuine, the other a clone, they both have the same problem: They work fine on all my reg mods, but on my mechs - one with a normal 510 connector and one with a hybrid connector - the 510 pin doesn't reach.
It is adjustable - sort of, but it holds the +ve post in place and if you wind the pin out the post becomes loose. This has caused the thread to strip which is why I bought a new one. Annoyingly the clone is such a perfect replica they've preserved the problem for the want of a pin maybe 1mm longer.

Short of grinding down the connectors to make them less deep, anyone know how to fix this?

(A friend suggested stuffing some tin foil down the hole to bridge the gap. Hardly an elegant solution and doesn't sound safe to me, so I'm reluctant to try it.)

Last edited:
Yeah as above, firstly, don't listen to your friend, he was hopefully at best trying to be funny at worst a total dumb arse

you'll end up spending more on trying to get the right pin for it that fits how you want, I'd get the threads ground down a mm or so

Back
Top Bottom