What's new

help with TC mode

WoodBurner81

Initiate
hello. I am running an OBS Engine II on an iJoy Capo 100 and wanted to start exploring TC mode, but have got a bit lost... I have a pair of SS316SL prebuilt 23G/32G 0.2ohm) coils and have set the mod accordingly (TC mode, SS option) - was vaping these at 75W in wattage setting so sticking with that, and have set to 392F but when I hit the fire button, the wattage just drops to zero (2secs) providing no power/vape... where have I gone wrong? thanks

Last edited:
Sounds like it's hitting temp too quick. What is the resistance when cold & are you locking the ohms. If too low ohms the mod isn't going to be able to see the resistance change accurately & maintain temp & power output.

Sounds like it's hitting temp too quick. What is the resistance when cold & are you locking the ohms. If too low ohms the mod isn't going to be able to see the resistance change accurately & maintain temp & power output.

Resistance is currently reading 0.10
Locking ohms? Not sure what that means.
Thanks

Resistance is currently reading 0.10
Locking ohms? Not sure what that means.
Thanks
You need to lock your resistance when the coil is at room temperature so that TC has a base figure to work from.
Also your coil resistance is way too low for the tcr value of SS to work.

Thanks for your reply.
There is no obvious way to ‘lock’ the resistance on my mod - anyone know how?
What should I do about the coil resistance being too low? Use different coils? Which would be best?

Thanks for your reply.
There is no obvious way to ‘lock’ the resistance on my mod - anyone know how?
What should I do about the coil resistance being too low? Use different coils? Which would be best?
Best for SS is 0.2 and above. SS has only a small resistance change when heated so lower ohm make it difficult for the mod to sense it. Not familiar with the Ijoy mods & TC so can't help with the locking of the resistance.

Tbh, if it was me, I would be aiming for an overall resistance above 0.5 ohm with SS.
Having said that, I only ever use Stealthvape nife30 wire for TC as the higher tcr value (500) makes it far more accurate and stable than SS (tcr around 80?)

Back
Top Bottom