What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RTA with decent throat hit for 3mg nic vaping

MoodyB

Postman
Hey all,

Could anyone recommend a rebuildable or 2 that'll give me a decent / good throat hit when vaping at 3mg / 10-12w?

I'm using home-made peppermint menthol juice with a 70pg / 30vg ratio. Coils are 2.5mm id 6-7 wrap 316L wire.

I have tried the Ares rta, True tank from Naturevape, Damn Vape DIamond and the Glaz Mini.
And although they all offer good to excellent flavour they are all a bit soft when it comes to the throat hit.
( Plus the Ares had a slight whiste, as did the Diamond when the airflow was reduced )

The one tank that I can get a decent feel from is the MD rta from Hellvape ( thankfully I picked it up after seeing Todd's review on it )

I realise my main issue is the 3mg nic strength ( I started out at 12mg years ago when I switched from cigs ), but the MD tank has given me hope that there is other rta's / rdta's out there that will be worth picking up.

I currently have the Galaxies RDTA in the post, so my fingers are crossed that it will do the trick too.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ah, also, I don’t have one, but some were saying that the adjustable chamber in the spica pro rta allowed the throat hit to be varied. Maybe @Crewella could advise?

Ah, also, I don’t have one, but some were saying that the adjustable chamber in the spica pro rta allowed the throat hit to be varied. Maybe @Crewella could advise?
Agreed. However at 3mg for mtl I wouldn’t hold out too much hope but worth a shot.

I guess this with high PG could be getting to where you need it.

Not really @MoodyB VG/PG ratio also plays an integral part on throat hit.
Swapping to a 50/50 mix will offer an increase in throat hit.

Hi and welcome btw.

Try increasing the height of your coils a bit.

I think my coils are already about 3mm above the MD's air disc already, so I can change the disc out if needed.

I'll try putting the coil higher in the Glaz Mini though.

Oooops my mistake.
:17::banghead: Who still puts the PG first these days :banghead::17:

Sorry. I'll remember in the future :)

Back
Top Bottom