What's new

Coil problems

NakedNuke

Hi everyone!
I was a smoker for around 15 years and decided that vaping was the best way for me to give up and I have for 5 months now! I found a Smok alien 220w with tfv8 baby beast tank and out of all the coils I prefer the Q2 Smok variety.
However I feel like their longevity isn't quite what it should be and the flavours aren't quite as strong as they were just a couple of days before. I recently just bought a pack and 4/5 burnt within an hour after just using it like I normally have done. Every time I buy them I'm crossing my fingers I get a good pack.
Are there any other coils I can use that are a better substitute that maybe isn't Smok?
Thanks for reading!

Hi everyone!
I was a smoker for around 15 years and decided that vaping was the best way for me to give up and I have for 5 months now! I found a Smok alien 220w with tfv8 baby beast tank and out of all the coils I prefer the Q2 Smok variety.
However I feel like their longevity isn't quite what it should be and the flavours aren't quite as strong as they were just a couple of days before. I recently just bought a pack and 4/5 burnt within an hour after just using it like I normally have done. Every time I buy them I'm crossing my fingers I get a good pack.
Are there any other coils I can use that are a better substitute that maybe isn't Smok?
Thanks for reading!
Hi mate, welcome to the planet.
Smok coils can be a bit hit and miss at times. Its not unusual to get a couple in a pack that dont last long.
I have the Baby beast tank and usually get a few weeks vaping out of a coil although i do rotate my mods quite a lot so not vaping any one at any time.
Im not aware of any other coils that will fit these tanks but ive not really looked. Im sure there are a lot of folk on here that will have experience of different coils that fit this tank.
Worth pointing out that with any new coil, its always best to drip a little juice into the wick holes prior to vaping for the first time and to fill the tank up with juice and let it stand for 10mins before vaping. Also vape near to the recommend wattage of the coil as this will stop it gunking up too quick.
Always best when using a new coil to take a couple of vapes at lower wattage to bed the coil and wick in. Increase it to your desired wattage over a few puffs.
Hope this helps

Eleaf HW-M and HW-N coils are compatible with the baby beast and give great flavour and last for ages. They're both mesh.

Alternatively, get the baby beast v2. It uses v2 coils that are infinitely superior to Smok's older coil offerings.

Welcome to the forum btw.

giphy-3.gif

Eleaf HW-M and HW-N coils are compatible with the baby beast and give great flavour and last for ages. They're both mesh.
Cheers Mitz, worth knowing.
Now i have to figure out where i keep this info for when i need it lol

The vaporesso GT coils also fit the baby beast tank, mesh and ceramic types. Ive used these (mesh) and there canny..

Hi everyone!
Thanks for reading!
This is why I started building myself. Smok coils, phfhh. I've had chewing gum that keeps it's flavour longer. Building may not be for you. But it's worth considering.

Alternatively, get the baby beast v2. It uses v2 coils that are infinitely superior to Smok's older coil offerings.
Exactly my advice - the old Baby V1 coils suck, the Baby V2 is one of my favourite tanks with the S2 coils - lush flavour and last ages.

Daft thing is if you're patient you can get the £25 tank and a Smok Mag M270 for $9.99 from
https://vapesourcing.com/smok-mag-m270-kit.html
Use code:
EDMM270 at checkout.

You will need to add shipping but still dirt cheap for a great mod and tank.

It didn't take long to ship and a trusted seller

The Hellvape Hellbeast Coils are also compatible and are supposed to be very good, The Vaporesso GT coils already mentioned are very good and Geekvape do some that are also good however they don't last as long as Vaporesso's.

Poke 2 holes into each of the exposed wicking sections with a needle on the Smok coils and then give them a gentle scraping over with the needle, makes the world of difference.

List of compatible coils here:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/.../coil-compatibility-list.192007/#post-2163137

Exactly my advice - the old Baby V1 coils suck, the Baby V2 is one of my favourite tanks with the S2 coils - lush flavour and last ages.

Daft thing is if you're patient you can get the £25 tank and a Smok Mag M270 for $9.99 from
https://vapesourcing.com/smok-mag-m270-kit.html
Use code:
EDMM270 at checkout.

You will need to add shipping but still dirt cheap for a great mod and tank.

It didn't take long to ship and a trusted seller
I bought the Mag M270 kit from them at Xmas. Love it and yes fantastic price and prefer the V2.

Back
Top Bottom