What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Wismec R80 PodMod

RichieRich

Achiever
Ordered one of these last week, in the hope that it would serve as my daily "at work" device, owing to the fact it has a cap for the mouthpiece, and owing to the issues i had with the Aegis Boost, i was hoping this would fair better.

I was wrong, it's a bit of a disappointment. Filling it is like going back to the Boost, its awkward, fiddly, messy, and the coil floods as soon as you push the tank cap back in. Also finding a small amount of seepage at the bottom of the coil :( This isn't condensation, this is liquid. The TPD pod is also quite dark, so you can't see the fluid level, and you will get burnt hits as soon as the measly 2ml pod needs refilling.

Mod operation is pretty basic, so pretty foolproof for a new user. I've tried the DTL mesh coil, and the flavour is good, so its a plus, but not enough to make me love this kit :(

The search continues

Thanks for the heads up, I assume your quest is for a MTL pod system?

My Boost has the same issues but holding out for the RDTA in the meantime I'm living with it's leaks, not ideal I know.
One of my leaky ones I now use for DTL and zero leaks, filling is still a tw@ though.

Some worth a look that I've had success with are:
  • Artery Nugget AIO, this has a tank and yet to leak, coils are the same as the PAL 2 but the RBA is superb and very easy to build.
  • Sense Orbit Baby (Baby is important as the other Orbit's don't deliver as good a flavour) - this doesn't leak in everyday use but if you leave it unused a few days it will (as with most tanks)
  • Vapefly Jester DIY RDTA kit (comes with RDTA and traditional Pod & Coil - no leaks but condensates after a few days, battery life is great and flavour is superb.

The Sense Orbit Baby is my Pod of the year (past 12 months) flavour is simply the best and the coils last a crazy amount of time, battery life is it's only downside but I carry a USB powerbank out of habit.

On the higher end I recently bought a used DOT AIO and purchased the RBA, not cheap but worth every penny, one of my favourite devices, easy build, leak free and superb flavour, easy fill and clear tank.

I see you have the Target PM80, now if only a company could match that device for MTL it would be a winner, closest so far is the Nugget AIO.

Let us know if you find a winner - happy hunting.

Forgot to mention, following a traditional path of a battery & DIY tank this setup is cheap and one of my favourite compact MTL setups (no leaks, great flavour, easy build, tight as a nuns chuff airflow and good battery life).

YFTK Prime Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9436900
£14.13

Authentic Eleaf iJust Mini 25W 1100mAh E-Cigarette Battery
https://www.fasttech.com/p/9702353
£10.17

Less than the price of a lod of AOI/Pods/PodMods it's always in my MTL rotation

My Boost has the same issues but holding out for the RDTA in the meantime I'm living with it's leaks, not ideal I know.
One of my leaky ones I now use for DTL and zero leaks, filling is still a tw@ though.

• Artery Nugget AIO, this has a tank and yet to leak, coils are the same as the PAL 2 but the RBA is superb and very easy to build.
  • Sense Orbit Baby (Baby is important as the other Orbit's don't deliver as good a flavour) - this doesn't leak in everyday use but if you leave it unused a few days it will (as with most tanks)
  • Vapefly Jester DIY RDTA kit (comes with RDTA and traditional Pod & Coil - no leaks but condensates after a few days, battery life is great and flavour is superb.

The Sense Orbit Baby is my Pod of the year (past 12 months) flavour is simply the best and the coils last a crazy amount of time, battery life is it's only downside but I carry a USB powerbank out of habit.

On the higher end I recently bought a used DOT AIO and purchased the RBA, not cheap but worth every penny, one of my favourite devices, easy build, leak free and superb flavour, easy fill and clear tank.

I see you have the Target PM80, now if only a company could match that device for MTL it would be a winner, closest so far is the Nugget AIO.

I was actually looking for a DTL device. The PM80 is great, the only thing missing is a cap for the mouthpiece to keep the pocket lint out, other than that, its perfect, made even better when you get the non-tpd pods so you can see the liquid level (also helps with filling, as the tpd pods trap bubbles in the most annoying places)

I have a Vaporesso Degree on order for MTL, but what i might do is design and print a mouthpiece cap for the PM80 to finally settle the "at-work" device search

I was actually looking for a DTL device. The PM80 is great, the only thing missing is a cap for the mouthpiece to keep the pocket lint out, other than that, its perfect, made even better when you get the non-tpd pods so you can see the liquid level (also helps with filling, as the tpd pods trap bubbles in the most annoying places)

I have a Vaporesso Degree on order for MTL, but what i might do is design and print a mouthpiece cap for the PM80 to finally settle the "at-work" device search

Ah I see, I think you have the best option with the PM80 - absolutely blown away with the flavour on mine, good idea to 3D print a cap, make it with a plug style so it fits inside & out so less chance of it popping off.

Given me the idea to do one for myself cheers :2thumbsup:

Am quite tempted by the Nugget AIO

Ah I see, I think you have the best option with the PM80 - absolutely blown away with the flavour on mine, good idea to 3D print a cap, make it with a plug style so it fits inside & out so less chance of it popping off.

Given me the idea to do one for myself cheers :2thumbsup:
If you come up with one before i do, let me know :)

Likewise, if i come up with one, i'll give you a shout. I'm probably going to do one with an oring insert to prevent it from falling out

Am quite tempted by the Nugget AIO
As it happens I just rewicked mine (smallest wick EVER) and I forgot how much I enjoyed it, though my Dot AIO SE is better, if your Zeta is working well then that's also better.
(Though nothing beats the Sense Orbit BABY for intense flavour).

Back
Top Bottom