What's new

Aegis x battery issue.

Jerri

Postman
Took delivery today of an aegis x and two Molicel P26A batteries (from fogstar so I know they're genuine).

Charged them and put them in the mod, two vapes and one of the batteries dropped a bar. Thought, maybe I've not charged it properly. Took them back out and put them back on charge (xtar charger). After a few minutes it read full again, so put them back in the mod and the same thing happened, took two vapes and the battery dropped a bar.

Took them out again, charged to full again, checked the contacts were clean etc and same thing again. Gave charging in the mod a go, again, same thing, got to 100%, three vapes later drops a bar.

The reading does follow the battery if I switch the battery to the other side of the aegis. And it shows in a different mod.

Not vaping at stupidly high wattage either. 45w

Have emailed fogstar but don’t expect a reply till Monday so thought I’d ask as maybe it’s just normal for newer mods. The MVP4 has been my main mod for the past few years.

I’m assuming the battery is faulty. But I may be missing something so always worth asking for a second opinion.

Hi @Jerri

funnily enough ive had similar with a brand new aegis x bought from new vaping.
tried new and older foggy 30Q and molicellP26a
first time no problem,used till almost drained then charged in xtar dragon. second time both showed full on mod. pressed fire button and watched one side instantly empty and then mod saying low battery and turning off.
tried next set of batteries and same, switched batteries around and both on full and lasted 5 days.
been ok since but i have so many mods on the go i may only use for 5 mins a night.

Hi @Jerri

funnily enough ive had similar with a brand new aegis x bought from new vaping.
tried new and older foggy 30Q and molicellP26a
first time no problem,used till almost drained then charged in xtar dragon. second time both showed full on mod. pressed fire button and watched one side instantly empty and then mod saying low battery and turning off.
tried next set of batteries and same, switched batteries around and both on full and lasted 5 days.
been ok since but i have so many mods on the go i may only use for 5 mins a night.

Got mine from new vaping too!

Just been chatting with Mooch on reddit, so he's put my mind at ease some and told me what to watch out for etc.

I just think you can never be too careful when it comes to batteries, and since I wasn't 100% I thought it worth asking.

The aegis is lovely though isn't it! I got the mini a few weeks ago and loved it, so when I saw this for £30 I couldn't say no.

mine was £26 so agree a decent enough mod. will certainly watch every time i change the batteries though as could be a dodgy QC batch thats slipped through. hope not.

not had a problem with mine but ill keep an eye on it thanks for the headsup

I've had a similar problem (not with an aegis), turned out to be the Molicels that were at fault.

I checked the cells with a multimeter after a 100% charge and found one of the cells was measuring 4.17v compared to 4.20v on the other cell. No good when you need to use them paired.

Notified Fogstar and to their credit they replaced them with Sony VCT5A cells after I offered to pay the difference. They declined to charge me for the change, so kudos to them. Brill service

I've had a similar problem (not with an aegis), turned out to be the Molicels that were at fault.

I checked the cells with a multimeter after a 100% charge and found one of the cells was measuring 4.17v compared to 4.20v on the other cell. No good when you need to use them paired.

Notified Fogstar and to their credit they replaced them with Sony VCT5A cells after I offered to pay the difference. They declined to charge me for the change, so kudos to them. Brill service

I’ve no doubt if there’s an issue fogstar will sort it.

I don’t have a multimeter sadly so can’t test them.

I’ve always used Sony Or Samsung but have been a bit reliant on built in battery mods lately. Went for the molicel because it says on the fogstar site they’re the only ones authorised for vaping.

My misses X mod has had no problems. I did put it in ABB mode though and it drains evenly.
Out of interest, you guys with that issue, have you tried ABB mode to see how things go?

My misses X mod has had no problems. I did put it in ABB mode though and it drains evenly.
Out of interest, you guys with that issue, have you tried ABB mode to see how things go?

Yeah, ABB was on in the settings and I've not changed it.

Took delivery today of an aegis x and two Molicel P26A batteries (from fogstar so I know they're genuine).

Charged them and put them in the mod, two vapes and one of the batteries dropped a bar. Thought, maybe I've not charged it properly. Took them back out and put them back on charge (xtar charger). After a few minutes it read full again, so put them back in the mod and the same thing happened, took two vapes and the battery dropped a bar.

Took them out again, charged to full again, checked the contacts were clean etc and same thing again. Gave charging in the mod a go, again, same thing, got to 100%, three vapes later drops a bar.

The reading does follow the battery if I switch the battery to the other side of the aegis. And it shows in a different mod.

Not vaping at stupidly high wattage either. 45w

Have emailed fogstar but don’t expect a reply till Monday so thought I’d ask as maybe it’s just normal for newer mods. The MVP4 has been my main mod for the past few years.

I’m assuming the battery is faulty. But I may be missing something so always worth asking for a second opinion.
Seems to be a recurring thing with Geekvape, a lot of their mods are faulty, I've got a Legend Limited Edition that's currently no more than a glorified Brick at the moment, hoping Geekvape get back to me regarding the Warrenty.

Back
Top Bottom