What's new

DTL RTA & coils for a beginner

JayX2A

Postman
I’m really considering trying an RTA having watched some vids on builds etc, but would like to start with something simple ish so maybe single coil.

Will probably start with pre made coils (so will need tips on what ones would match my current tank below)

I was watching the Augvape Intake video as that looks simple and quite short as a lot of RTA’s seem quite tall, but there was a couple of comments saying it was quite a restricted Vape? But it does look quite simple to build.

For reference I currently use a Aegis Cerberus at 50-55w with 0.2 coils and airflow fully open on the tank.

Ideally I am after a shorter tank with bubble glass as my mods are only small. Open to suggestions on them and what pre made could to get to match my current type of vaping.

thanks all!

Hi just read ur post and saw there were no replies yet. I think u are making the right choice to start on the rta train. Don't be disheartened if u don't get it right straight away as there is skill and practice needed with both coiling and wicking.
Advice I'd give would be... Firstly watch as many build tutorials on ur chosen tank on YouTube as u can bear. Secondly don't try to match the resistance of ur subohm tank coils in an rta. The coils are different and behave differently so just start easy but I would advise away from the mass made cheap Chinese coil boxes.
OK so for an appropriate rta. I'd go single coil to start with as it makes life so much easier. As for coils I use vandy vape ni80 tri core fused claptons. They are readily available and they are consistent on quality and resistance. They come in around 0.4 ohms on a single coil and 0.2 ohms on a duel.
I'm not going to suggest a particular rta as I only use dvarws by khw mods and that really doesn't suit what u said u wanted. Also I don't keep up to date with what's new now as I'm happy with what I have and have been for some time.
I do wish u luck and hope u find some use in my advice. Let me know what rta u pick in the end I'd be interested to hear how u are getting on.

hi, the augvape intake is a good rta just that it is on the restricted side with the airflow, in the same class with better airflow is the wotofo serpent elevate rta. I had both and kept the serpent as it seems to have maybe a bit more flavour. I would recommend the wotofo serpent elevate, top airlfow also. as coils , the ni80 as recommended before are good and also the coilology coils are very good. go for 0.3 ohms coils and vape around 40w .. perfect. vape.

If you're not wedded to twin coils. Take a look at the Oumier Wasp RTA. There's even a bubble glass. It's also good to work on.

I’m really considering trying an RTA having watched some vids on builds etc, but would like to start with something simple ish so maybe single coil.

Will probably start with pre made coils (so will need tips on what ones would match my current tank below)

I was watching the Augvape Intake video as that looks simple and quite short as a lot of RTA’s seem quite tall, but there was a couple of comments saying it was quite a restricted Vape? But it does look quite simple to build.

For reference I currently use a Aegis Cerberus at 50-55w with 0.2 coils and airflow fully open on the tank.

Ideally I am after a shorter tank with bubble glass as my mods are only small. Open to suggestions on them and what pre made could to get to match my current type of vaping.

thanks all!

Hellvape has the Destiny rta coming out soon, that's single coil, looks pretty good. Other than that, the Gear rta is stumpy and tasty. Pretty easy to build on.

As for coils, I use the Wotofo quad core fused claptons. You can get them anywhere, it seems, but they definitely have them on VapeClub. The Nano RTA is a good choice as well.

Back
Top Bottom