What's new

Kayfun lite 2019 build

Never got on with nichrome in mtl rta 's myself. Heats so quickly it burns me bush (ooh er).
kanthal 27 (26-28awg is fine) 7wraps and 2.5mm. No spacing for me.
Stainless is great for a day then it coats so it's a coil change. Nichrome used to be ok back in the day when mods where a tad slow on the uptake, lol.

Nothing worse than a singed bush...

Got mine this week and wasn't overly impressed with it so going to try a different build, so far I can't tell the difference between the KF Lite and the Prime.

I'm not sure if it's the taller height diminishing the flavour or my build.

Though the airflow control and topfill has retired my KF Lite already, going to try @rew 's suggested build and see how I get on.

Has been 27g kanthal 8 wraps 2.5mm ID for me for ages but lately I've been getting fed up with a build up of unspent/unvapourised juice just under the drip tips.
Happens with the glaz mini mtl too so ive been playing with 10 wraps of 28g ss316 2.5mm id comes out around 1ohm and needs 18-19w though but getting on with it a little better.

Got mine this week and wasn't overly impressed with it so going to try a different build, so far I can't tell the difference between the KF Lite and the Prime.

I'm not sure if it's the taller height diminishing the flavour or my build.

Though the airflow control and topfill has retired my KF Lite already, going to try @rew 's suggested build and see how I get on.

Let me know if it works for you or not.

surely that’s not a bad thing though as many still rate the prime as one of the best?

I found no difference in performance with the extension kit. The biggest game changer was the Xs pin for me. Perfect smooth draw now achieved.

since this thread I’ve used my lite all weekend and been loving it again. 5 wraps NI80 @ .8 ohms ish. 17.5 watts. Perfect for me. My bush has remained singe free but I do like to keep it quite short.....

This thing is doing my nut in. It stops firing after 20 mins or so regardless of the mod - cant see any shorts or anything working loose.

Standard build 7 or 8 wraps Kanthal about 2ohm - im getting to the 'grrrrrr' stage with it now - Now I remember why I stopped using it!

Any ideas?

Oh - and this is my second build already.

...I'm talking nonsense, I'd still strip it completely and double-check everything

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a clone? I had an awful.time with a clone kfl2019. Dry hits all the time. Recently bought an authentic. Night and day difference.

Back
Top Bottom