What's new

Confused about 80ml

roguemat

Hey!
I just moved to the UK and am confused about the nicotine situation. I understand the law, but what I don't understand is why 100ml bottles only have 80ml of juice in.
I'm buying the same juice here as in my home country (Unicorn Frappe) for about the same price, except getting 20ml less.

Where does it go? Are they just throwing it away? Are they rebottling every import? I've received 3 differently designed bottles of Unicorn Frappe now, none of which have the holo sticker that it had in my country, so I'm thinking it might be rebottled.

Thanks!

Hey!
I just moved to the UK and am confused about the nicotine situation. I understand the law, but what I don't understand is why 100ml bottles only have 80ml of juice in.
I'm buying the same juice here as in my home country (Unicorn Frappe) for about the same price, except getting 20ml less.

Where does it go? Are they just throwing it away? Are they rebottling every import? I've received 3 differently designed bottles of Unicorn Frappe now, none of which have the holo sticker that it had in my country, so I'm thinking it might be rebottled.

Thanks!
To allow for the addition of nic shots as juice can't be sold containing nic if bottle is bigger than 10ml.

In the UK, and much of the EU, it's illegal to sell juice containing nicotine strength higher than 20mg/ml and in bottles larger than 10ml.

So we have shortfills.

Which is usually 50ml of juice in a 60ml (sometimes 70ml) bottle, or 100ml of juice in a 120ml bottle - with no nicotine.

Then you add a nic shot or two (unflavoured juice at 18 or 20mg/ml in a 10ml bottle) to get to the common 3mg/ml.

If any company is officially selling in - or exporting from their own country to - the UK they need to comply with the law.

I've never heard of a 100ml shortfill containing 80ml though - do you have a link to the product?

Ok, is it a "juice man's" product from the US?

They do 80ml in a 100ml bottle and include 2 X 15mg/ml nic shots to give you 100ml of finished juice.

It is what it is I'm afraid, that's what the law is currently and they're simply abiding by it.

Ok, is it a "juice man's" product from the US?
Yup

It is what it is I'm afraid, that's what the law is currently and they're simply abiding by it.
Yeah, that's fine. What I'm confused about though is why they don't just sell it with the original amount of liquid and let buyers decide whether they want to discard the 20ml or not.

Anyway, thanks for the answers!

Yup

Yeah, that's fine. What I'm confused about though is why they don't just sell it with the original amount of liquid and let buyers decide whether they want to discard the 20ml or not.

Anyway, thanks for the answers!
But back home are you buying it nic free and adding nic to get 120ml or does it come premixed?

They do.

It's available in 50/60, 80/100 or 100/120 - all zero nic.

They won't be chucking away the 'extra', it'll be bottled that way. Hence the term "shortfill".

They'll sell bugger all if they only did a full bottle - very very few people want zero nic or would be prepared to measure and chuck some - they just want to pop the top and dump in their nic shots.

Anyway, enjoy it while it lasts - come May or June it's highly likely juice from the US will be a thing of the past.

The current suggestion is to remove all flavoured juice from the market, and then allow the ones that submit for approval - not many companies are going to be able to survive that process having zero sales (or only exports) while their application is looked at.

But back home are you buying it nic free and adding nic to get 120ml or does it come premixed?
Back home if I buy something with a label saying 100ml (such as unicorn frappe) then it has 100ml of liquid, either with nicotine premixed or 0mg.
Most of what I use is 100ml 0MG unicorn frappe. So it feels like at some point 20ml is being thrown away for nothing.

They'll sell bugger all if they only did a full bottle - very very few people want zero nic or would be prepared to measure and chuck some - they just want to pop the top and dump in their nic shots.
Ah ok, understood.

Anyway, enjoy it while it lasts - come May or June it's highly likely juice from the US will be a thing of the past.
RIP. Back to making at home I guess

Back home if I buy something with a label saying 100ml (such as unicorn frappe) then it has 100ml of liquid, either with nicotine premixed or 0mg.
Most of what I use is 100ml 0MG unicorn frappe. So it feels like at some point 20ml is being thrown away for nothing.
I use 0% too and yeah it’s annoyed me as well!

Back
Top Bottom