What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Review VGOD - Cubano

peegore

Postman
Afternoon all! a quick cut-n-paste again of a review I've just posted to my blog. Please do click on through using the link below if you want to read this in a much nicer format with final rating, or just to peruse other reviews I've added recently too.

https://peegorevapes.wordpress.com/2020/01/15/vgod-cubano/

If not, just keep on reading!

----------------------------​

It’s been over a year since I tried a new Tobacco e-liquid. As I recall the last few I really enjoyed were Havana Nights from the Boss range at Apollo E-cigs and the Indigéne range from Manabush.

Admittedly the Indigéne liquids were more challenging flavour-wise for me, but over time my palate came to appreciate the very bold and strong tobaccos and supporting flavours ( Fig, Rose etc ) in their mixes.

But I don’t always want to be challenging and testing my tastebuds. Most of the time I just want to relax and enjoy a juice whilst disengaging my brain. This is why I loved Havana Nights, and why VGOD Cubano is my new Havana.

CUBANO

Mixed at 20% ( suggested 20% )

Mixed at 75vg / 25pg, 3mg and 50 / 50 16mg nic salts

Steeped for 6 weeks

Priced at £9.99 for 30ml concentrate at time of review

THE most important point I’ll make in this review is – STEEP YOUR CUBANO!

When I cracked-open the concentrate, my first olfactory impression was “Custardy”

After mixing and leaving to steep, I tested Cubano at one week intervals. Over the first three weeks the tobacco flavourings were very loud, very sharp. The tobacco had a bold honey-floral taste that reminded me very much of the honey and rose in another one of their liquids, Baklava. Also, the vanilla had a little too much ‘bite’ to enjoy properly.

I subsequently left it to one side for a couple more weeks steeping.

After a month the honey florals had mellowed substantially and the cigar tobacco leaf had finally started to come through. Very promising at this point, fairly vapeable.

Now, Cubano is at six weeks steep, and to my taste it is finally there!

cigartoke.gif

The whole mix has lost all of it’s rougher and spikey edges, and the amount of flavour re-balancing in the last fourteen days is quite outstanding.

Cubano’s star of the show is quite rightly the Cigar Tobacco Leaf. Plenty of so-called tobacco liquids taste more biscuity than anything else. Here though we have something that, although not overly strong, carries a natural and slightly earthy, slightly woody taste akin to a freshly rolled and roasted tobacco leaf.

This is enhanced further by layering in hints of the honey and florals I first detected weeks ago. It is this complex mix of notes that justifies this as a nuanced Cigar vape and not a simplistic tobacco.

Cubano’s lovely ‘realistic’ Cigar flavouring is balanced particularly well against the other main flavour in here; creamy Vanilla Custard. The vanilla originally had a bit of a sharp tang to it in the beginning, but again this has calmed down to something much more mellow and sympathetic to the woodiness of the cigar. As for the custard itself? Well, let’s just say it’s so luxuriously creamy it pushes Cubano into the realms of being a dessert style juice without ever distracting too much from why your here. The Cigar.

Cubano, in the end, is a tobacco custard. It’s smooth and well blended. It’s complex without seeming to be complex. It’s not too tobacco-y or too custard-y. Oh, and it’s not too sweet either.

It’s the sign of mixing at it’s best.

I've been hovering over trying this for a while, thanks for the review.

Had this one in a few different options pre mixed and it's not got a bad cigar base but can get quite samey and loose flavour. The curse of custard.

Had this one in a few different options pre mixed and it's not got a bad cigar base but can get quite samey and loose flavour. The curse of custard.
Fair comment. I find vaping on any one particular mix all day will result in some sort of flavour fatigue after a while though. Custards seem to suffer the most because of the fundamentally mellow nature of that e-liquid niche in the first place.

As you say, the custard curse!

Fair comment. I find vaping on any one particular mix all day will result in some sort of flavour fatigue after a while though. Custards seem to suffer the most because of the fundamentally mellow nature of that e-liquid niche in the first place.

As you say, the custard curse!
Yeah, I think it was cubano and cubano dark (frisco vapes fillmore was another very good high vg tobacco blend, Ropecut too).
Manabush is the only tobacco desert blend that doesn't fatigue my tastebuds but I think that's down to the sheer complexity of the flavours.
Good juice when used sparingly though.
Cheers peegore.

Yeah, I think it was cubano and cubano dark (frisco vapes fillmore was another very good high vg tobacco blend, Ropecut too).
Manabush is the only tobacco desert blend that doesn't fatigue my tastebuds but I think that's down to the sheer complexity of the flavours.
Good juice when used sparingly though.
Cheers peegore.
My goodness Manabush are indeed complex mixes! They certainly know their craft :clapping:

Thanks for your input Eyeball Kid :)

Back
Top Bottom