What's new

Table of wick/wire resistances

@stealthvape, I'll see if I can come up with an excel spreadsheet giving predicted coil values based on wick dia vs wire size as coil resistance is basically a function of wire length. It will be good to see if it matches reality...:hmm:

That would be awesome beyond words mate, I was thinking along the same lines if enough raw data is collected to allow for the little extra distance between coils or how tight they are as I expect the coils we end up with are slightly higher than on paper. Much better for an engineer to do it though, really appreciate it. The ohms per metre for the above wires are:

Kanthal A-1 (mm)Resistance (Ω/m)

Last edited:
Great idea Rob, if I get a chance at the weekend will try getting some figures for you :)

That would be awesome beyond words mate, I was thinking along the same lines if enough raw data is collected to allow for the little extra distance between coils or how tight they are as I expect the coils we end up with are slightly higher than on paper. Much better for an engineer to do it though, really appreciate it. The ohms per metre for the above wires are:

That's a good point actually - if I coil mine when I've had a few glasses of wine they're not nearly as neat as I'd like and are usually out a little - not much to be fair and only by a fraction so I suppose that's taking it a bit far but that said it does seem 'fashionable' of late to almost go 'micro coil' - although not for me.

Back
Top Bottom