What's new

Where are all the 21700 mods?

Vaping Biker

Postman
After we got Samsung's 30T's and 40T's we got some amazing cells to work in mechs and regulated devices giving us excellent amp coverage, powerful AF, and more battery life than we were used to, it was a truly exciting time.

Since then there's been some pretty good mechs, and a handful of regulated devices but where the hell are the rest?

Dovpo showed they didn't have to be huge with their Punisher mod, so that's not an excuse.

I ran a little poll not so long ago on my channel about what batteries people wanted in their devices, and single 21700 won by a convincing lead followed by dual 21700.

Yet every manufacturer or small mod maker I speak to says there's no demand for regulated mods with the larger cells!

I bloody love 21700 mods, but in the regulated world, if you can find one, they're generally bloody awful to look at or bloody huge... Why?

Where do you stand with 21700 mods?

Personally I'd love to see more single 21700 regulated small as possible mods in a comfortable form factor and not poke your eyes out with a rusty spoon ugly

Also, annoyingly when researching this it seemed that a few companies released mods that went under the radar because 21700's were not widely available at the time.
Have you seen any or got one that you really like?

Kind of agree, but then most of us have a stack of 18650's and perfectly good mods too. I'm sure that as and when we replace those, we'll replace with 21750's, hopefully the choice you want in mods will be there then?

21700's are Betamax, 18650's are VHS and roll off the tongue better:)

I was browsing mods the other day and saw numerous single battery ones that could take 21700's in them. Some looked quite nice. The Asmodus does I reckon. Cant recall all the others and im not going to spend hours going back over it all to find them. Some are listed as 18650 but can also take 21700's in the fine print so that may be why they often slip under the radar when people look for them. People often just skim read in their hurry for quick everything and miss most of the details.
I quite like this one.
Amighty-Mod-1.jpg

Single cell, Archer,
Dual cell, X217, Odin, Saga, Hadron, Evdilo
Triple cell, Rulebreaker
Squonk, Topside, Lite, SQ, Recurve

Just off the top of my head ;)

they're definitely starting to come out a little more now, quite impressed with the weirdly named evdilo, careful googling those, smallest dual 21
cell performance is so much better and the cells aren't that much bigger either, manufacturers need to put some effort in,

anyway its the Chinese year of the aio ;)

Single cell, Archer,
Dual cell, X217, Odin, Saga, Hadron, Evdilo
Triple cell, Rulebreaker
Squonk, Topside, Lite, SQ, Recurve

Just off the top of my head ;)
Yeah, there is plenty out there that I saw. A simple search with just a simple bit of patience unearths them. These day's, patience? :18:

21700 everyday over 18650.

I love my single battery mods.

Back
Top Bottom