What's new

eBay

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58360

So eBay in the states has now added all vape products to their restricted items list, meaning all sales are now disallowed. This includes previously qualified sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/tobacco-policy?id=4273

UK eBay policy remains the same as before.

But, a few UK based sellers are getting caught up by mistake and having notifications that their listings will not be allowed to be renewed or updated and no new listings are allowed - while they can appeal and have it lifted due to being in the UK, it's just hassle.

Wow this is insane. Pharmacy companies in the USA are winning their battle against vaping it seems.

Money talks so whichever side has the most money to lobby will get their way in the end. Just look at the NRA.

This is getting ridiculous. But to be honest in one way uk 1 of the best on vaping. If you have a look NHS, Docs, etc are saying vaping is a good alternative to quit smoking. Which is good, but on the another side how many teenager is vaping?
Where did they buy?

I bought some Vaperesso coils on ebay last night. I then got a msg in my inbox that new "rules" say I have to "verify my age.2 I had a link to go to - so I clicked opn the link, expecting it to be a form to sign saying I was of age, and it led me to a smartphone image and said I had to open this link on a smartphone and what looks like I'd have to snap a photo of myself. I haven't got a smartphone- my mobile is a basic one. I hardly use the thing. But how intrusive! I'm 51 but look 30 anyway lol. Anyway some kid could easy get someone over 18 like their big bro to snap their photo. Proves nothing.

So eBay in the states has now added all vape products to their restricted items list, meaning all sales are now disallowed. This includes previously qualified sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/tobacco-policy?id=4273

UK eBay policy remains the same as before.

But, a few UK based sellers are getting caught up by mistake and having notifications that their listings will not be allowed to be renewed or updated and no new listings are allowed - while they can appeal and have it lifted due to being in the UK, it's just hassle.

See my previous reply on ebay shenanigans! Vape sellers in the USA will have to open up their own websites instead of using ebay.

Back
Top Bottom