What's new

Temp Control fixed wattage

Okay i have a nunchuka and it has t,c I want to try ss coils in either the rda that came with it or a wotofo recurve, I feel i have a decent understanding using my dovpo's on ss temp control.which i can alter the wattage in temp control

But unless i am reading in correctly the nunchuk wattage is fixed at 60w, in tc.
Now if correct it might not even reach that wattage if tempreture is achieved.as the watts are there to achieve temp then they alternate or switch off on to maintain temp, just the speed it takes to get there.

Was trying to figure coil ohms,for this do i need to build to take 60 w plus .even although if in power the custards i want to use are suiting me at about 30w, i just want to see if it gets me more .
so should i build at 60w plus for coils, or would building lower encourage poss coil failures etc.I tend to think the above preset of 60 w and the chip will cut back when temp achieved,

Found a calculator. Take your ohms from 1 and multiply by 100 it will give you max wattage for that coil.or vice versa divide watts by 100 then the sum to make 1 is your target coil

so 1 - 0.5 = 0.5 x 100 = 50 watts or work the other way

Any help correction pointers oror input appreciated.

Should be able to run a normal build in SS to suit your normal wattage. Only caveat is some fixed power mods whack the full power into the coil when you fire & can burn the cotton before TC kicks in. Personally experienced this on a COV Wraith as that had fixed wattage in TC & never worked a way around it.

The calculator is nonsense as wattage you need also depends on coil mass because I could build a .5 ohm coil out of 20g SS and the mass would be that great 50w wouldn't be enough to make it warm let alone vape [emoji16] and the whole point of temp control is to get your atty to ramp up to temp as soon as possible then maintain the temp during your vape so build your coils for what vape you want and let the mod throttle back the 60w to the temp your wanting and don't build coils for the max wattage or you may as well just use power mode [emoji6]

Thanks guys understand what you are saying. Suppose now i have to build and go for it, build something around 30w and see what happens, wont be to next weekend,unless i need to recoil and wick. And basically the calc i found is not very adaptable for coil builds ,better to just play with steam engines various calculators.

Impatience tonight. So we made a wee clapton using my electric drill and part of the deadus kit that i thought i was getting a bargain turned out it was everything but the drill box but it works dandy with the wee recharchable drill power driver. one of the coil tails i think had bent rather than cut it kept shorting (thats what i noticed when i decided to make a new coil). So to heck twisted four ss wires came out just under 0.6 ohm. Was quite chuffed with both managed to build spaced and they bedded in lovely, until i put top cap on first go. Quite new to this building but patience practice and steam engine.
Well tried on Nunchuka temp control at first not sure flavour very unforgiving dont know if temp control ,or from what i have read that ss wire can be very clean or pick out other flavours, so work in progress nothing at low temps then mid range cloud and not sure on flavour then gets to hot for me.
Changed to Watts and have went from 30w ish to 20ish and just under, very rich dense flavour cloud but picking up tastes not sure on dont know how to describe not bitter but dont know, although after mouth is all creamy smooth yummy vanilla from cusatrd. it might be the juice i have in is not my favourite. My favs steeping.
Might be plain Kanthat coils reqd, tried single coil drop solo.might be dual not sure, was getting quite a good flavour on dual rda 30w and 0.35 ohm, lot of experimenting but i enjoy playing with

1/2 hr later back trying still on power 15w and its pretty nice

Last edited:
Temp control. how it works. the coil is only heated till it reaches set temp no matter how many watts you put through it. The temp control just keeps the wattage to match the temp . So temp control usually only uses so many watts, it will shove as much as you dial in for a millisecond then throttle back to maintain the temp you set. Some devices have a lower wattage range in tc than you can use in wattage mode for the same fact which is you don't need it in tc. Hope this makes sense @john john whaur ye gon

Thanks for that, funny old thing today on temp control bit more richer but tang flavour that takes away from me aware of, but not as bad, best flavour in a very narrow band of temp. but that tang bitter taste still there. Same ss coil on 12 to 13 w power, i am finding well to my liking ,strange thing coil now reading 0.8 ohms, does ss and other coils take some bedding in, not a s severe as last night now just rich creamy custard with a soft full cloud in and out, leaving me satisfied, going to do a simple coil tonight for the Cluthu tube on a drop solo.see what we can do, but that will be to be in watts.
Seems a big change in watteage checked screws etc all tight will stick it in new ohm meter tonight and see what it says compared to Nunchuck

Back
Top Bottom