What's new

OFRF Gear leaking.

"Misfit"

Veteran
I got 2 OFRF Gear RTA's from Santa and they have now started leaking every time i fill them.
I used the clapton coils that came supplied with the tanks (I have no experience with claptons)
they are running at 30w with a .38 oHms coil using 50/50 juice
The wicks are just resting in the holes.

If all seals are in place & tank assembled correctly this points to a) ejuice too thin and/or b) not enough wick in the holes. If you have 70vg/30pg juice try that as it's thicker & rewick with more cotton in the holes if you haven't. Mine has sat for 2 days with a full tank & not a drop has leaked using thicker juice.

The Gear is my favourite RTA. I have some... too many.

Either with cotton or rayon, in my opinion it needs the wick holes to be well filled. If some liquid comes down from the air holes than you didn't use enough wick.

I use the tails almost touching the deck.

The guide i used initially used little wick in the holes :hmm:
I have now increased the wick in the holes as sugested
and so far so good :2thumbsup:

The guide i used initially used little wick in the holes :hmm:
I have now increased the wick in the holes as sugested
and so far so good :2thumbsup:

The Gear is really easy to wick. It's one of those stuff the wick and vape... as long as it's not extremelly tight it blocks capilary action or too lose that it leaks through air holes. Usually I almost don't fluff the ends, using rayon and 3mm inner coil.

It is a really tasty tank the only downside is i'm forever re filling it due to the size of the tank.

I was having the same issue with this tank, leaking from AFC, 70/30 juice. Rewicked yesterday and did the wicking tighter rather than resting on the wicking channels, no leaks! Cheers :2thumbsup:

I was having the same issue with this tank, leaking from AFC, 70/30 juice. Rewicked yesterday and did the wicking tighter rather than resting on the wicking channels, no leaks! Cheers :2thumbsup:

Reading this while taking some puffs on the Gear.

As long as It's not absurdly tight it will wick fine. I chain vape and no dry hits. Liquid has to travel a very short distance.

Coil placement will also give rather different results in flavour. I place it very high, usually 3mm inner fused clapton. Flavour city.

Back
Top Bottom