What's new

Massachusetts banned vaping and flavored tobacco and menthol!

Unavailable in the European Union unfortunately, shit news though, seems New York city has fallen too.

Unavailable in the European Union unfortunately, shit news though, seems New York city has fallen too.

Yeah I heard that too.... It's nuts here..
Utah, Washington, and some others as well have banned in one way or another as well...

Yeah I heard that too.... It's nuts here..
Utah, Washington, and some others as well have banned in one way or another as well...
Guaranteed there is huge pressure from the big tobacco and pharma companies on the state governments.

this is what happens when you let big business get too involved with policy

I hate lobbyists

Guaranteed there is huge pressure from the big tobacco and pharma companies on the state governments.

this is what happens when you let big business get too involved with policy

I hate lobbyists
It's what happens when the US government/all individual states came to an agreement with the tobacco companies that they pay huge annual levies to offset the costs to the healthcare 'industry' caused by their product - those states borrowed heavily on future incomes, vaping comes along, reduces the amount of smokers buying fags on a huge scale, and the individual states are receiving a fraction of the payments they thought they'd be getting and are struggling to pay back on the loans taken. Really struggle to get my head around the attitude that people should be kept addicted to something that's abysmal for their health to keep the funds flowing :( And don't get me started on healthcare only being accessible to those who can afford it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobacco_Master_Settlement_Agreement

If you're a vaper or menthol smoker living in Mass., you should shoot Charlie Baker and justifiably claim self defence.
That would make other state Governers think twice ... maybe for the first time in their lives. It's for the greater good, just one life to save so many, think of the children.

Last edited:
They somehow justified this ban. Or everything goes at the level of "my cat told me that this is bad. Hmm .. but let's ban everything!"

It's what happens when the US government/all individual states came to an agreement with the tobacco companies that they pay huge annual levies to offset the costs to the healthcare 'industry' caused by their product - those states borrowed heavily on future incomes, vaping comes along, reduces the amount of smokers buying fags on a huge scale, and the individual states are receiving a fraction of the payments they thought they'd be getting and are struggling to pay back on the loans taken. Really struggle to get my head around the attitude that people should be kept addicted to something that's abysmal for their health to keep the funds flowing :( And don't get me started on healthcare only being accessible to those who can afford it.

This is so true in my opinion. Tobacco and pharma companies are bunging the state gov's a fortune to wipe out vaping there. All in the name of money.

Thanks for sharing. What an absolutely disgusting scenario

Back
Top Bottom