What's new

"Ohms too high" error on Profile Unity

joe o sullivan

Initiate
This morning my Smok Devilkin displayed an "Ohms too high" error when using my Profile Unity.
Generally the resistance is about 0.15 ohms.
I took the unity apart and made sure the screws were tight and the mesh wasn't burned out or anything, and put it back together, and it read 0.7 ohms, then a few minutes later it dropped to 0.5, then after another few minutes it displayed the warning and stopped working again, but still reading about 0.5 ohms.
When it was reading high, the vape was quite warm even at low power (the vape is generally very chilly from it).

Is this just a burned out coil? I've never had one yet...
It seems fine, it's a coil (well, a mesh) that I used a few weeks ago, that I just swapped out when changing the cotton, and I gave it a soak and a clean and put it back in the box.

Thoughts?

This morning my Smok Devilkin displayed an "Ohms too high" error when using my Profile Unity.
Generally the resistance is about 0.15 ohms.
I took the unity apart and made sure the screws were tight and the mesh wasn't burned out or anything, and put it back together, and it read 0.7 ohms, then a few minutes later it dropped to 0.5, then after another few minutes it displayed the warning and stopped working again, but still reading about 0.5 ohms.
When it was reading high, the vape was quite warm even at low power (the vape is generally very chilly from it).

Is this just a burned out coil? I've never had one yet...
It seems fine, it's a coil (well, a mesh) that I used a few weeks ago, that I just swapped out when changing the cotton, and I gave it a soak and a clean and put it back in the box.

Thoughts?
Have you tried the Unity on another mod or ohm reader. Depending on which mesh you're using you should see 0.18ohm or 0.13 on the Ka1's & 0.15ohm on the SS316L. I run 3 with all three meshes & it's never a cool vape unless it's below 35w or so. Check the 510 pin is tight. Other than that, a complete strip down & clean before trying a new mesh. Also check the 510 thread on the mod is clean & free of dirt & debris & that the pin moves up & down by pushing it down with something non conductive.

Have you tried the Unity on another mod or ohm reader. Depending on which mesh you're using you should see 0.18ohm or 0.13 on the Ka1's & 0.15ohm on the SS316L. I run 3 with all three meshes & it's never a cool vape unless it's below 35w or so. Check the 510 pin is tight. Other than that, a complete strip down & clean before trying a new mesh. Also check the 510 thread on the mod is clean & free of dirt & debris & that the pin moves up & down by pushing it down with something non conductive.

I checked the 510 and I tightened it maybe 1/4 of a turn.
It's strange, when I tried it on my Aegis after this it read 0.26 and vaped fine, then back on the Smok it read 0.16, then 0.26 on the Aegis, and then 0.58 on the Smok. And it seems to vary between a very low powered vape, and a totally banging hot dry hit, even at ~40w.

Other tanks seem to be fine and consistent on both mods..
Yea, probably a total strip down is probably the best bet, it's like a loose connection or something partly shorting out somewhere.
Just thought I'd mention it here in case it was something obvious or some common problem.

Have you checked if there is anything floating around the connection ports. The smallest bit of metal could be putting the ohms out as it moves around.

Have you checked if there is anything floating around the connection ports. The smallest bit of metal could be putting the ohms out as it moves around.

Do you mean the mesh connection or the 510?
I haven't, but I might check there in a while. It seemed to be behaving fine last night, just when I was going to take it apart. Then this morning I got the "Ohms too high" error again. It's like as if sitting overnight screws it up.
So, I took the tank off again just now and cleaned the 510 pin and the port, there was a tiny bit of juice on them. Then I put it back together and it read 0.15 which is about right. Then immediately it gave an error again. Then off and on and it read 0.35.
I think there's an o-ring on the 510, right? I missed that when I was changing the seals the last time..
A good strip down is the only thing I'd say..

I mean where you screw in the mesh. I had a similar problem and I stripped the tank down and put all the parts in hot soapy water. I then Rinsed it out with cold-water and put it back together. It was fine after that.

I mean where you screw in the mesh. I had a similar problem and I stripped the tank down and put all the parts in hot soapy water. I then Rinsed it out with cold-water and put it back together. It was fine after that.

Ah right, nice one.
I'll give that a shot there in a while. I've got a cat on my lap at the moment so I'm pretty much immobile until she decides to move.
I do usually do a similar cleaning to this when I change out the cotton and mesh, but I think I skipped it the last time and just swapped them out without cleaning it since I only had the cotton in for a few days before I accidentally let the juice run out and burned the cotton.

Back
Top Bottom