What's new

Zeus x wicking

Personally, I was *extremely* disappointed with the Zeus X. :28:

Coil placement centers around airflow. And the airflow on the X, with the air holes in the upper chimney section, lends itself to a slightly higher coil placement. But even if you build the X to perfection it will still be a tier 2 rta. A shame too as it looks the nuts.

Nicotine content in and of itself shouldn't really effect the flavour. But 20mg is extremely high to be vaping dtl. Most (not all) people use 3 or 6mg for dtl and higher for mtl. If you're vaping dtl I would personally recommend you drop the nicotine level down a bit. If you're vaping 20mg mtl then no worries.

Vaping absolutely dehydrates. It's important that you take in sufficient fluid during the day. As an absolute bare minimum you should be aiming for a couple of pints of water on top of any other drinks you have throughout the day, ie, tea, coffee, etc.
yeah i guess its a dud design.i bought after reading articles like 'best rtas of 2019' and utube reviewers swooning over its flavor. my ofrf gears miles superior on flavor. thats the only other tank i have. i think im going to get a single coil rda an drip from now on. or should u use 2 coil rdas ?dont want spend £20 + again tho. one known for flavor not clouds.
i have to admit i only used the zeus in single 4mm mode.was a mare trying to get 2 coils heating in balance.suppose i should drill a cpl holes in a bit of ally 6-7mm thick so i can get even leg length,an try again.
to be honest i find anything less than 20mg too frustrating for words ,i only vape for nicotine....with flavor.

I have two Zeus x's, both being used now. I can't fault them. Great flavour and clouds. You have to coil and wick them bang on. I use Ni80 3mm alien dual coils and fire bolt cotton. And if you stuff too much cotton in the wicking channels, it isn't going to wick right.

yeah i guess its a dud design.i bought after reading articles like 'best rtas of 2019' and utube reviewers swooning over its flavor. my ofrf gears miles superior on flavor. thats the only other tank i have. i think im going to get a single coil rda an drip from now on. or should u use 2 coil rdas ?dont want spend £20 + again tho. one known for flavor not clouds.
i have to admit i only used the zeus in single 4mm mode.was a mare trying to get 2 coils heating in balance.suppose i should drill a cpl holes in a bit of ally 6-7mm thick so i can get even leg length,an try again.
to be honest i find anything less than 20mg too frustrating for words ,i only vape for nicotine....with flavor.
Most of the best flavour rdas are single coil. If you decide to go for a single coil rda get yourself a squonk mod. Dripping is an unnecessary chore nowadays.

But if you want a cracking single coil rta, get the original Zeus single coil rta. Still one of the best rtas on the market.

I have two Zeus x's, both being used now. I can't fault them. Great flavour and clouds. You have to coil and wick them bang on. I use Ni80 3mm alien dual coils and fire bolt cotton. And if you stuff too much cotton in the wicking channels, it isn't going to wick right.
ironically 3dj im just waiting for a reel of ni80 3x28 32g alien wire to arrive. ive been using cotton bacon.looking fward to trying to nail it.ive had no trouble getting it to wick properly ,just muted flavor. ive just found raising the watts to 60 from 40 has improved things a little (0.28ohm stainless chinese flapton)

Last edited:
Most of the best flavour rdas are single coil. If you decide to go for a single coil rda get yourself a squonk mod. Dripping is an unnecessary chore nowadays.

But if you want a cracking single coil rta, get the original Zeus single coil rta. Still one of the best rtas on the market.
have ordered a blitz hermetic for £8.99 & asmodus C4 for £14.99 after a bit o bargain shopping an viddying some reviews. a squonk will be my next bit o research.

Sorry to top an old thread but as alot of you on this thread seem to have experience I thought I would ask.

Which RDA and rta would you recommend to get over all others? I've just ordered a dovpo blotto and some premade coiloligy coils.

I had flooding issues with my Zeus X. Didn't matter how tight I wicked, didn't matter how high or low I set my coils, didn't matter what type of cotton I used. I speculated that the shape of the ports might be the cause, maybe the cotton wasn't getting right into the corners and juice was seeping around the cotton onto the deck, so I stuffed it so tight it didn't wick up at all and still it flooded.

Then Jake @ Premier E-liquids sent me this link:

Primitive barn door engineering but it worked. I did this fix two weeks ago and it's been perfect ever since. :)

Sorry to top an old thread but as alot of you on this thread seem to have experience I thought I would ask.

Which RDA and rta would you recommend to get over all others? I've just ordered a dovpo blotto and some premade coiloligy coils.

My current favourites are RTA is the ehpro Kelpie & RDA is the cthulhu mjolnir both of which are single coil

Back
Top Bottom